Mayor concerned about management of convention center
Published: August 8,2013
VICKSBURG — The city of Vicksburg will hold VenuWorks more accountable about its management of the Vicksburg Convention Center and Auditorium, Mayor George Flaggs Jr. says.
The Vicksburg Post reports the mayor is threatening to find a new management company if a better working relationship can’t be achieved.
Flaggs, in office a little more than a month, says he became concerned about the center’s operations after reviewing Vicksburg’s contract with VenuWorks.
The mayor says he was especially concerned about facility manager Troy Thorn’s position that convention centers are expected to lose money.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case