Mayor concerned about management of convention center
by Associated Press
Published: August 8,2013
VICKSBURG — The city of Vicksburg will hold VenuWorks more accountable about its management of the Vicksburg Convention Center and Auditorium, Mayor George Flaggs Jr. says.
The Vicksburg Post reports the mayor is threatening to find a new management company if a better working relationship can’t be achieved.
Flaggs, in office a little more than a month, says he became concerned about the center’s operations after reviewing Vicksburg’s contract with VenuWorks.
The mayor says he was especially concerned about facility manager Troy Thorn’s position that convention centers are expected to lose money.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability