Mayor concerned about management of convention center
Published: August 8,2013
VICKSBURG — The city of Vicksburg will hold VenuWorks more accountable about its management of the Vicksburg Convention Center and Auditorium, Mayor George Flaggs Jr. says.
The Vicksburg Post reports the mayor is threatening to find a new management company if a better working relationship can’t be achieved.
Flaggs, in office a little more than a month, says he became concerned about the center’s operations after reviewing Vicksburg’s contract with VenuWorks.
The mayor says he was especially concerned about facility manager Troy Thorn’s position that convention centers are expected to lose money.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015