Mayor concerned about management of convention center
Published: August 8,2013
VICKSBURG — The city of Vicksburg will hold VenuWorks more accountable about its management of the Vicksburg Convention Center and Auditorium, Mayor George Flaggs Jr. says.
The Vicksburg Post reports the mayor is threatening to find a new management company if a better working relationship can’t be achieved.
Flaggs, in office a little more than a month, says he became concerned about the center’s operations after reviewing Vicksburg’s contract with VenuWorks.
The mayor says he was especially concerned about facility manager Troy Thorn’s position that convention centers are expected to lose money.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House