Mayor concerned about management of convention center
Published: August 8,2013
VICKSBURG — The city of Vicksburg will hold VenuWorks more accountable about its management of the Vicksburg Convention Center and Auditorium, Mayor George Flaggs Jr. says.
The Vicksburg Post reports the mayor is threatening to find a new management company if a better working relationship can’t be achieved.
Flaggs, in office a little more than a month, says he became concerned about the center’s operations after reviewing Vicksburg’s contract with VenuWorks.
The mayor says he was especially concerned about facility manager Troy Thorn’s position that convention centers are expected to lose money.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location