Bridgeway Apartments chooses Darryl Bruno
Bridgeway Apartments in Picayune has named Darryl W. Bruno, LCSW as executive director. Bruno comes to Bridgeway with more than 26 years of experience in mental health, substance abuse and other social work settings. He founded the Kids In Crisis Project Inc. in 1989, which provided educational programs, seminars and counseling services to professionals, parents and youth residing in the Orleans, Jefferson and St. Tammany parishes for more than 20 years. Bruno spent 12 years working for the St. Tammany Parish Public Schools as the crisis/mental health coordinator. Following Hurricane Katrina, he worked with Mercy Corps in creating and developing “My Hurricane Story – A Guided Workbook for Children.” Bruno served as clinical field instructor for many graduate social work interns for more than 17 years at Tulane-School of Social Work, LSU-School of Social Work, SUNO-School of Social Work as well as several undergraduate schools in the greater New Orleans area. Recently, Bruno was added as a clinical field instructor for University of Southern Mississippi – School of Social Work.
Bruno’s professional affiliations include serving as regional chair for both the Greater New Orleans and Florida Parish Regions for more than nine years before being elected as President for the Louisiana National Association of Social Work from 2007-2010. He was appointed as an advisory board member to the Governor’s Juvenile Justice Advisory Board/Louisiana Juvenile Justice Planning and Coordination Board which helped create the bill that later became Juvenile Justice Reform Act of 2003, Act 1225. He served on a local level as the president of the 22nd Judicial District’s Children and Youth Services Planning Board (Student Non-Discrimination Act of 2011, Act 555) for St. Tammany and Washington Parishes. Bruno maintains a small private practice and presents numerous trainings throughout the State of Louisiana on trauma, bullying, suicide, and other mental health/substance abuse-related topics. Recently, Bruno obtained his LCSW from the Mississippi Board of Examiners for Social Workers.
Bruno was born and raised in the Lakeview area of New Orleans. He currently resides in St. Tammany Parish and is married to Blake Bruno with three children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition