CMMC chooses Lana Brooks
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 9,2013
Central Mississippi Medical Center (CMMC) has named Lana Brooks, RN, BSN, director of surgical services. Brooks, who has 25 years of managing surgery departments, most recently served as director of surgery at another area hospital. She also has experience in establishing a robotic surgical center and serving as an orthopedic and neurological coordinator. Brooks, a native of Magee, received a bachelor of science degree in nursing from the University of Southern Mississippi. Before his stint in West Point, Moore was assistant executive director and COO for Greenwood Leflore Hospital for four years. Previously he worked with the Rush Health System and other health care providers in the Meridian area.
A native of Forest in Scott County, Moore holds an associate’s degree in radiological technology from Meridian Community College and a bachelor’s degree in industrial science from Mississippi State University. He earned a master’s degree in health care management from the University of New Orleans in 2003. He is an active member of the Mississippi Hospital Association, serving on the board of MHA Board of Governors and recently named chairman-elect.
He and his wife, Janice, have two sons, Ross, 22, and Matt, 28. Moore enjoys spending time with his family and playing golf. He has been actively involved with various civic organizations and economic development efforts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- BREAKING: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him