Jessica Dupont elected Young Lawyers secretary, commissioner
Attorney Jessica Dupont was recently elected secretary of the Mississippi Bar’s Young Lawyers Division. The lawyers of Jackson, George and Greene Counties also elected Dupont as commissioner for the Nineteenth Circuit Court District of the Bar’s Board of Commissioners. Dupont’s position as secretary is a one-year role. Dupont will serve as commissioner through July 2016.
Dupont is president of the Mississippi Women Lawyers’ Association. Haley Barbour, as governor, appointed Dupont to represent her congressional district on the Mississippi College Savings Plan board of directors, and, along with firm shareholder, Jimmy Heidelberg, Dupont oversees over $100 million in Community Development Block Grants received by the Jackson County Utility Authority following Hurricane Katrina.
Dupont is an associate with Heidelberg, Steinberger, Colmer & Burrow, P.A., in Pascagoula where she practices in the areas of governmental law, public utilities and general defense litigation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!