Jessica Dupont elected Young Lawyers secretary, commissioner
Attorney Jessica Dupont was recently elected secretary of the Mississippi Bar’s Young Lawyers Division. The lawyers of Jackson, George and Greene Counties also elected Dupont as commissioner for the Nineteenth Circuit Court District of the Bar’s Board of Commissioners. Dupont’s position as secretary is a one-year role. Dupont will serve as commissioner through July 2016.
Dupont is president of the Mississippi Women Lawyers’ Association. Haley Barbour, as governor, appointed Dupont to represent her congressional district on the Mississippi College Savings Plan board of directors, and, along with firm shareholder, Jimmy Heidelberg, Dupont oversees over $100 million in Community Development Block Grants received by the Jackson County Utility Authority following Hurricane Katrina.
Dupont is an associate with Heidelberg, Steinberger, Colmer & Burrow, P.A., in Pascagoula where she practices in the areas of governmental law, public utilities and general defense litigation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season