Jessica Dupont elected Young Lawyers secretary, commissioner
Attorney Jessica Dupont was recently elected secretary of the Mississippi Bar’s Young Lawyers Division. The lawyers of Jackson, George and Greene Counties also elected Dupont as commissioner for the Nineteenth Circuit Court District of the Bar’s Board of Commissioners. Dupont’s position as secretary is a one-year role. Dupont will serve as commissioner through July 2016.
Dupont is president of the Mississippi Women Lawyers’ Association. Haley Barbour, as governor, appointed Dupont to represent her congressional district on the Mississippi College Savings Plan board of directors, and, along with firm shareholder, Jimmy Heidelberg, Dupont oversees over $100 million in Community Development Block Grants received by the Jackson County Utility Authority following Hurricane Katrina.
Dupont is an associate with Heidelberg, Steinberger, Colmer & Burrow, P.A., in Pascagoula where she practices in the areas of governmental law, public utilities and general defense litigation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building