Jessica Dupont elected Young Lawyers secretary, commissioner
Attorney Jessica Dupont was recently elected secretary of the Mississippi Bar’s Young Lawyers Division. The lawyers of Jackson, George and Greene Counties also elected Dupont as commissioner for the Nineteenth Circuit Court District of the Bar’s Board of Commissioners. Dupont’s position as secretary is a one-year role. Dupont will serve as commissioner through July 2016.
Dupont is president of the Mississippi Women Lawyers’ Association. Haley Barbour, as governor, appointed Dupont to represent her congressional district on the Mississippi College Savings Plan board of directors, and, along with firm shareholder, Jimmy Heidelberg, Dupont oversees over $100 million in Community Development Block Grants received by the Jackson County Utility Authority following Hurricane Katrina.
Dupont is an associate with Heidelberg, Steinberger, Colmer & Burrow, P.A., in Pascagoula where she practices in the areas of governmental law, public utilities and general defense litigation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center