Jessica Dupont elected Young Lawyers secretary, commissioner
Attorney Jessica Dupont was recently elected secretary of the Mississippi Bar’s Young Lawyers Division. The lawyers of Jackson, George and Greene Counties also elected Dupont as commissioner for the Nineteenth Circuit Court District of the Bar’s Board of Commissioners. Dupont’s position as secretary is a one-year role. Dupont will serve as commissioner through July 2016.
Dupont is president of the Mississippi Women Lawyers’ Association. Haley Barbour, as governor, appointed Dupont to represent her congressional district on the Mississippi College Savings Plan board of directors, and, along with firm shareholder, Jimmy Heidelberg, Dupont oversees over $100 million in Community Development Block Grants received by the Jackson County Utility Authority following Hurricane Katrina.
Dupont is an associate with Heidelberg, Steinberger, Colmer & Burrow, P.A., in Pascagoula where she practices in the areas of governmental law, public utilities and general defense litigation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast