Lorie Watkins made philological editor
Dr. Lorie Watkins, associate professor of language and literature at William Carey University, was recently named editor of the Publications of the Mississippi Philological Association (POMPA), the journal of the Mississippi Philological Association (MPA). Watkins is taking over the position from J.B. Potts of Mississippi College, who has edited the journal for seven years. Watkins’ inaugural volume of the publication will feature works read at the 2013 conference hosted by WCU’s Language and Literature Department.
Watkins teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in literature and composition. In 2011, she was named as the Mississippi Humanities Teacher of the Year for WCU. She is also the author of “William Faulkner, Gavin Stevens, and the Cavalier Myth” and has published essays in numerous literary journals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015