Lorie Watkins made philological editor
Dr. Lorie Watkins, associate professor of language and literature at William Carey University, was recently named editor of the Publications of the Mississippi Philological Association (POMPA), the journal of the Mississippi Philological Association (MPA). Watkins is taking over the position from J.B. Potts of Mississippi College, who has edited the journal for seven years. Watkins’ inaugural volume of the publication will feature works read at the 2013 conference hosted by WCU’s Language and Literature Department.
Watkins teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in literature and composition. In 2011, she was named as the Mississippi Humanities Teacher of the Year for WCU. She is also the author of “William Faulkner, Gavin Stevens, and the Cavalier Myth” and has published essays in numerous literary journals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law