Lorie Watkins made philological editor
Dr. Lorie Watkins, associate professor of language and literature at William Carey University, was recently named editor of the Publications of the Mississippi Philological Association (POMPA), the journal of the Mississippi Philological Association (MPA). Watkins is taking over the position from J.B. Potts of Mississippi College, who has edited the journal for seven years. Watkins’ inaugural volume of the publication will feature works read at the 2013 conference hosted by WCU’s Language and Literature Department.
Watkins teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in literature and composition. In 2011, she was named as the Mississippi Humanities Teacher of the Year for WCU. She is also the author of “William Faulkner, Gavin Stevens, and the Cavalier Myth” and has published essays in numerous literary journals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41