Lorie Watkins made philological editor
Dr. Lorie Watkins, associate professor of language and literature at William Carey University, was recently named editor of the Publications of the Mississippi Philological Association (POMPA), the journal of the Mississippi Philological Association (MPA). Watkins is taking over the position from J.B. Potts of Mississippi College, who has edited the journal for seven years. Watkins’ inaugural volume of the publication will feature works read at the 2013 conference hosted by WCU’s Language and Literature Department.
Watkins teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in literature and composition. In 2011, she was named as the Mississippi Humanities Teacher of the Year for WCU. She is also the author of “William Faulkner, Gavin Stevens, and the Cavalier Myth” and has published essays in numerous literary journals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill