Niki Goerger wins Army award
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 9,2013
Dr. Niki Goerger of the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg has received the Army’s Meritorious Civilian Service Award for her service with the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Acquisition, Logistics and Technology) (ASA(ALT)) from August 2008 to November 2012. Goerger currently serves as business development director at ERDC, a position she assumed in November of last year.
While at ASA(ALT), Goerger served as the ERDC liaison and held additional positions as the acting director for Basic Research, director for the Deployable Force Protection Program and acting director for the Innovation Enablers Science and Technology Portfolio.
She earned her bachelor’s degree in biological engineering at Mississippi State University, where she also holds a master’s degree in agricultural engineering with a minor in statistics. Goerger attained her doctorate in industrial engineering from Texas A&M University in 1993, where she was selected as a Westinghouse Manufacturing Fellow in Engineering for 1990.
Goerger is a member of the Military Operations Research Society (MORS), where she was elected to two terms on the executive council, serving as secretary from 2006-2007 and as vice president for professional affairs from 2007-2008. She was elected to the MORS board of directors in June 2004, where she served a four-year term. She is also a member of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences and has been inducted as a member of the Order of the Engineer, Phi Kappa Phi and Tau Beta Phi honor societies.
Goerger is married to retired Army Col. Simon R. Goerger, Ph.D., an operations research analyst at ERDC. She is a native of Madison.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability