Rob Shorette named ASU ombudsman
C. Rob Shorette II to the position of presidential ombudsman for administrative affairs at Alcorn State University. Currently, Shorette is writing his dissertation in pursuit of a Ph.D. in higher, adult, and lifelong education at Michigan State University. In addition to his academic pursuits at Michigan State, he also worked in various roles for the university, including serving as site coordinator for the College Ambition Program and teaching an undergraduate course through the College of Education. Prior to arriving at Michigan State University in 2010, Shorette worked in student activities advising student organizations and providing leadership development opportunities for undergraduate students at George Washington University in Washington, D.C., where he also received his master of arts in higher education administration.
Along with his institutional experience, he has worked with the Southern Education Foundation, the Institute for Higher Education Policy, the National Education Association and taught and coached at the high school level.
Shorette received his undergraduate education at Florida A&M University where he majored in English education, was a member of the football team and was active in a number of student organizations. Shorette is a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports