Rob Shorette named ASU ombudsman
C. Rob Shorette II to the position of presidential ombudsman for administrative affairs at Alcorn State University. Currently, Shorette is writing his dissertation in pursuit of a Ph.D. in higher, adult, and lifelong education at Michigan State University. In addition to his academic pursuits at Michigan State, he also worked in various roles for the university, including serving as site coordinator for the College Ambition Program and teaching an undergraduate course through the College of Education. Prior to arriving at Michigan State University in 2010, Shorette worked in student activities advising student organizations and providing leadership development opportunities for undergraduate students at George Washington University in Washington, D.C., where he also received his master of arts in higher education administration.
Along with his institutional experience, he has worked with the Southern Education Foundation, the Institute for Higher Education Policy, the National Education Association and taught and coached at the high school level.
Shorette received his undergraduate education at Florida A&M University where he majored in English education, was a member of the football team and was active in a number of student organizations. Shorette is a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry