Silver Slipper to build 140-room hotel; expected to take a year to complete
by Associated Press
Published: August 9,2013
Tags: Andre Hilliou, casino, convention, cponstruction, entertainment, Full House Resorts, gamble, gambling, gaming, hospitality, hotel, John Ferrucci, lodging, meeting, nightlife, Silver Slipper Casino, tourism, tourist, vacation, visitor
BAY ST. LOUIS — Construction will begin soon on a $17.5 million, 140-room hotel at the Silver Slipper Casino, according to its parent company.
The Sun Herald reports Full House Resorts received a commitment for a $10 million loan on Aug. 2 and will finance the remaining $7.5 million cost of construction with cash on hand.
“We continue to move forward on a much-needed hotel at our Silver Slipper property and expect to finalize financing and commence construction within the next 30 days,” said Andre Hilliou, chairman and CEO of Full House, which purchased the Silver Slipper on Oct. 1, 2012.
The casino’s general manager, John Ferrucci, said he expects to get permission to proceed in that time frame as well.
Construction will take about a year to complete once ground is broken.
The company also reported that for the second quarter of 2013, Silver Slipper had revenue of $13.4 million and adjusted Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization, of $2.5 million.
“Despite increased competition and a stagnant economy, our casinos continued to perform well in the second quarter,” Hilliou said.
Net income Adjusted EBITDA for the second quarter was $4.4 million compared to $2.9 million for the same period in 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability