Silver Slipper to build 140-room hotel; expected to take a year to complete
Published: August 9,2013
Tags: Andre Hilliou, casino, convention, cponstruction, entertainment, Full House Resorts, gamble, gambling, gaming, hospitality, hotel, John Ferrucci, lodging, meeting, nightlife, Silver Slipper Casino, tourism, tourist, vacation, visitor
BAY ST. LOUIS — Construction will begin soon on a $17.5 million, 140-room hotel at the Silver Slipper Casino, according to its parent company.
The Sun Herald reports Full House Resorts received a commitment for a $10 million loan on Aug. 2 and will finance the remaining $7.5 million cost of construction with cash on hand.
“We continue to move forward on a much-needed hotel at our Silver Slipper property and expect to finalize financing and commence construction within the next 30 days,” said Andre Hilliou, chairman and CEO of Full House, which purchased the Silver Slipper on Oct. 1, 2012.
The casino’s general manager, John Ferrucci, said he expects to get permission to proceed in that time frame as well.
Construction will take about a year to complete once ground is broken.
The company also reported that for the second quarter of 2013, Silver Slipper had revenue of $13.4 million and adjusted Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization, of $2.5 million.
“Despite increased competition and a stagnant economy, our casinos continued to perform well in the second quarter,” Hilliou said.
Net income Adjusted EBITDA for the second quarter was $4.4 million compared to $2.9 million for the same period in 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015