New flyover bridge nears completion; will open to traffic this week
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 12,2013
NATCHEZ — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) is nearing completion of the Highway 61/Highway 84 Flyover Bridge Project in Natchez.
The prime contractor is currently preparing the bridge for painting. Crews are placing a concrete island on the northbound lane and working on landscaping by placing sod in the open areas around the flyover bridge.
The bridge is anticipated to be open to traffic on Aug. 15.
After southbound traffic is placed on the bridge, the contractor will continue to work on the surface lift of asphalt on the entire project. Lane closures will be in place while crews install curbs and gutters, street lighting and a small amount of pipe placement.
Weather permitting, MDOT said the project is anticipated to be completed by October or early November.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal