New flyover bridge nears completion; will open to traffic this week
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 12,2013
NATCHEZ — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) is nearing completion of the Highway 61/Highway 84 Flyover Bridge Project in Natchez.
The prime contractor is currently preparing the bridge for painting. Crews are placing a concrete island on the northbound lane and working on landscaping by placing sod in the open areas around the flyover bridge.
The bridge is anticipated to be open to traffic on Aug. 15.
After southbound traffic is placed on the bridge, the contractor will continue to work on the surface lift of asphalt on the entire project. Lane closures will be in place while crews install curbs and gutters, street lighting and a small amount of pipe placement.
Weather permitting, MDOT said the project is anticipated to be completed by October or early November.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus