New flyover bridge nears completion; will open to traffic this week
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 12,2013
NATCHEZ — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) is nearing completion of the Highway 61/Highway 84 Flyover Bridge Project in Natchez.
The prime contractor is currently preparing the bridge for painting. Crews are placing a concrete island on the northbound lane and working on landscaping by placing sod in the open areas around the flyover bridge.
The bridge is anticipated to be open to traffic on Aug. 15.
After southbound traffic is placed on the bridge, the contractor will continue to work on the surface lift of asphalt on the entire project. Lane closures will be in place while crews install curbs and gutters, street lighting and a small amount of pipe placement.
Weather permitting, MDOT said the project is anticipated to be completed by October or early November.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren