New flyover bridge nears completion; will open to traffic this week
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 12,2013
NATCHEZ — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) is nearing completion of the Highway 61/Highway 84 Flyover Bridge Project in Natchez.
The prime contractor is currently preparing the bridge for painting. Crews are placing a concrete island on the northbound lane and working on landscaping by placing sod in the open areas around the flyover bridge.
The bridge is anticipated to be open to traffic on Aug. 15.
After southbound traffic is placed on the bridge, the contractor will continue to work on the surface lift of asphalt on the entire project. Lane closures will be in place while crews install curbs and gutters, street lighting and a small amount of pipe placement.
Weather permitting, MDOT said the project is anticipated to be completed by October or early November.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that