Airport director petitions city for more financial support
Published: August 14,2013
TUPELO — Tupelo Regional Airport executive director Josh Abramson says struggling finances and fewer passengers require a change in the financial relationship between the airport and the city of Tupelo.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that after meeting in closed session yesterday about a lease at the airport, City Council members did not take any action.
However, Abramson says the airport needs more financial support from the city.
The facility needs at least $700,000 for repairs to a runway to support landings for Universal Asset Management. The company brings in large aircraft, takes them apart and recycles materials. Universal Asset Management has a 20-year lease at the airport.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast