Airport director petitions city for more financial support
Published: August 14,2013
TUPELO — Tupelo Regional Airport executive director Josh Abramson says struggling finances and fewer passengers require a change in the financial relationship between the airport and the city of Tupelo.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that after meeting in closed session yesterday about a lease at the airport, City Council members did not take any action.
However, Abramson says the airport needs more financial support from the city.
The facility needs at least $700,000 for repairs to a runway to support landings for Universal Asset Management. The company brings in large aircraft, takes them apart and recycles materials. Universal Asset Management has a 20-year lease at the airport.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three