Airport director petitions city for more financial support
by Associated Press
Published: August 14,2013
TUPELO — Tupelo Regional Airport executive director Josh Abramson says struggling finances and fewer passengers require a change in the financial relationship between the airport and the city of Tupelo.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that after meeting in closed session yesterday about a lease at the airport, City Council members did not take any action.
However, Abramson says the airport needs more financial support from the city.
The facility needs at least $700,000 for repairs to a runway to support landings for Universal Asset Management. The company brings in large aircraft, takes them apart and recycles materials. Universal Asset Management has a 20-year lease at the airport.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015