Airport director petitions city for more financial support
Published: August 14,2013
TUPELO — Tupelo Regional Airport executive director Josh Abramson says struggling finances and fewer passengers require a change in the financial relationship between the airport and the city of Tupelo.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that after meeting in closed session yesterday about a lease at the airport, City Council members did not take any action.
However, Abramson says the airport needs more financial support from the city.
The facility needs at least $700,000 for repairs to a runway to support landings for Universal Asset Management. The company brings in large aircraft, takes them apart and recycles materials. Universal Asset Management has a 20-year lease at the airport.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions