Airport director petitions city for more financial support
Published: August 14,2013
TUPELO — Tupelo Regional Airport executive director Josh Abramson says struggling finances and fewer passengers require a change in the financial relationship between the airport and the city of Tupelo.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that after meeting in closed session yesterday about a lease at the airport, City Council members did not take any action.
However, Abramson says the airport needs more financial support from the city.
The facility needs at least $700,000 for repairs to a runway to support landings for Universal Asset Management. The company brings in large aircraft, takes them apart and recycles materials. Universal Asset Management has a 20-year lease at the airport.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues
- Mississippian Glenn McCullough Jr. gets nod as new MDA chief
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Governor signs fracking bill as database comes under scrutiny
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release