Bank employee arrested for embezzlement; faces up to 10 years in prison
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 14,2013
COLUMBUS — An Oktibbeha County bank employee has been arrested for embezzling from her employer, according to Attorney General Jim Hood.
Ashley Smith, 28, of Columbus, was arrested by investigators with the Attorney General’s Public Integrity Division following indictment by an Oktibbeha County grand jury on one count of embezzlement. The indictment charges Smith with embezzling over $30,000 while working for Cadence Bank in Starkville.
Smith was booked into the Oktibbeha County jail and released on bond. If convicted, she faces up to 10 years in prison.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme