Bank employee arrested for embezzlement; faces up to 10 years in prison
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 14,2013
COLUMBUS — An Oktibbeha County bank employee has been arrested for embezzling from her employer, according to Attorney General Jim Hood.
Ashley Smith, 28, of Columbus, was arrested by investigators with the Attorney General’s Public Integrity Division following indictment by an Oktibbeha County grand jury on one count of embezzlement. The indictment charges Smith with embezzling over $30,000 while working for Cadence Bank in Starkville.
Smith was booked into the Oktibbeha County jail and released on bond. If convicted, she faces up to 10 years in prison.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis