Bank employee arrested for embezzlement; faces up to 10 years in prison
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 14,2013
COLUMBUS — An Oktibbeha County bank employee has been arrested for embezzling from her employer, according to Attorney General Jim Hood.
Ashley Smith, 28, of Columbus, was arrested by investigators with the Attorney General’s Public Integrity Division following indictment by an Oktibbeha County grand jury on one count of embezzlement. The indictment charges Smith with embezzling over $30,000 while working for Cadence Bank in Starkville.
Smith was booked into the Oktibbeha County jail and released on bond. If convicted, she faces up to 10 years in prison.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast