Bank employee arrested for embezzlement; faces up to 10 years in prison
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 14,2013
COLUMBUS — An Oktibbeha County bank employee has been arrested for embezzling from her employer, according to Attorney General Jim Hood.
Ashley Smith, 28, of Columbus, was arrested by investigators with the Attorney General’s Public Integrity Division following indictment by an Oktibbeha County grand jury on one count of embezzlement. The indictment charges Smith with embezzling over $30,000 while working for Cadence Bank in Starkville.
Smith was booked into the Oktibbeha County jail and released on bond. If convicted, she faces up to 10 years in prison.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015