Voters in Ripley say yes to liquor sales
Published: August 14,2013
RIPLEY — Voters in this Tippah County community have approved two proposals to allow the sale of liquor.
WTVA reports Proposition 1, governing sale of liquor and wine, passed by a vote of 887-721 in Tuesday’s voting.
Proposition 2, to permit the sale of beer and what is described as light wine, was approved on a vote of 883-684.
Tippah County Circuit Clerk Randy Graves says the vote is official and includes affidavits and absentee ballots.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015