White wins vacant alderman seat in Water Valley
Published: August 14,2013
Tags: alderman, board of alderman, city, city government, City of Water Valley, elected official, election, Fred White, Kathleen Hawkins, municipal, municipality, politician, public official, Ray Hawkins, University of Mississippi Police Department, vote, voter
WATER VALLEY — Unofficial results of yesterday’s voting in Water Valley show Fred White defeated Kathleen Hawkins for a seat on the town’s Board of Aldermen.
WTVA reports the position opened up when Alderman-elect Ray Hawkins could not assume the post without leaving his job with the University of Mississippi Police Department.
Unofficial results show White defeated Hawkins by a vote of 93-58.
White had served as alderman for nearly 20 years before being defeated in the municipal elections earlier this year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Baker Donelson recognized
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- Coyotes are wily predators and pests in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur