Woman follows husband’s lead, pleads guilty to shipping scheme
Published: August 14,2013
BILOXI — A woman has pleaded guilty as part of the fraud investigation of a shipping company in south Mississippi.
Jennifer Griswold waived indictment and pleaded guilty today to one count of withholding information on a crime, says her lawyer, Peter Barrett.
Griswold had been charged with conspiracy, but agreed to plead guilty to the other charge.
Dustin Lee Griswold and Jennifer Griswold were indicted May 14 on charges related to Harmoni Shipping in Biloxi. The Griswolds are married.
Dustin Griswold was charged with one count of conspiracy and 15 counts of fraud, but he pleaded guilty only to the conspiracy count on Aug. 7 in U.S. District Court in Gulfport. The court’s website didn’t say when he will be sentenced.
Dustin Griswold has been held without bond.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal