Woman follows husband’s lead, pleads guilty to shipping scheme
Published: August 14,2013
BILOXI — A woman has pleaded guilty as part of the fraud investigation of a shipping company in south Mississippi.
Jennifer Griswold waived indictment and pleaded guilty today to one count of withholding information on a crime, says her lawyer, Peter Barrett.
Griswold had been charged with conspiracy, but agreed to plead guilty to the other charge.
Dustin Lee Griswold and Jennifer Griswold were indicted May 14 on charges related to Harmoni Shipping in Biloxi. The Griswolds are married.
Dustin Griswold was charged with one count of conspiracy and 15 counts of fraud, but he pleaded guilty only to the conspiracy count on Aug. 7 in U.S. District Court in Gulfport. The court’s website didn’t say when he will be sentenced.
Dustin Griswold has been held without bond.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions