Woman follows husband’s lead, pleads guilty to shipping scheme
Published: August 14,2013
BILOXI — A woman has pleaded guilty as part of the fraud investigation of a shipping company in south Mississippi.
Jennifer Griswold waived indictment and pleaded guilty today to one count of withholding information on a crime, says her lawyer, Peter Barrett.
Griswold had been charged with conspiracy, but agreed to plead guilty to the other charge.
Dustin Lee Griswold and Jennifer Griswold were indicted May 14 on charges related to Harmoni Shipping in Biloxi. The Griswolds are married.
Dustin Griswold was charged with one count of conspiracy and 15 counts of fraud, but he pleaded guilty only to the conspiracy count on Aug. 7 in U.S. District Court in Gulfport. The court’s website didn’t say when he will be sentenced.
Dustin Griswold has been held without bond.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet