Woman follows husband’s lead, pleads guilty to shipping scheme
Published: August 14,2013
BILOXI — A woman has pleaded guilty as part of the fraud investigation of a shipping company in south Mississippi.
Jennifer Griswold waived indictment and pleaded guilty today to one count of withholding information on a crime, says her lawyer, Peter Barrett.
Griswold had been charged with conspiracy, but agreed to plead guilty to the other charge.
Dustin Lee Griswold and Jennifer Griswold were indicted May 14 on charges related to Harmoni Shipping in Biloxi. The Griswolds are married.
Dustin Griswold was charged with one count of conspiracy and 15 counts of fraud, but he pleaded guilty only to the conspiracy count on Aug. 7 in U.S. District Court in Gulfport. The court’s website didn’t say when he will be sentenced.
Dustin Griswold has been held without bond.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Keeping our eye on: Neal Stephens
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing