Tropical Storm Erin forms in Atlantic; forecast to strengthen
by Associated Press
Published: August 15,2013
MIAMI — Tropical Storm Erin has formed in the eastern Atlantic, southwest of the Cape Verde Islands.
The storm’s maximum sustained winds early today are near 40 mph with additional strengthening forecast during the next few days.
A tropical storm warning is in effect for the southern Cape Verde Islands of Maio, Santiago, Fogo and Brava.
The storm is centered about 65 miles west-southwest of Brava and is moving west-northwest near 16 mph.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month