Tropical Storm Erin forms in Atlantic; forecast to strengthen
Published: August 15,2013
MIAMI — Tropical Storm Erin has formed in the eastern Atlantic, southwest of the Cape Verde Islands.
The storm’s maximum sustained winds early today are near 40 mph with additional strengthening forecast during the next few days.
A tropical storm warning is in effect for the southern Cape Verde Islands of Maio, Santiago, Fogo and Brava.
The storm is centered about 65 miles west-southwest of Brava and is moving west-northwest near 16 mph.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money