Tropical Storm Erin forms in Atlantic; forecast to strengthen
Published: August 15,2013
MIAMI — Tropical Storm Erin has formed in the eastern Atlantic, southwest of the Cape Verde Islands.
The storm’s maximum sustained winds early today are near 40 mph with additional strengthening forecast during the next few days.
A tropical storm warning is in effect for the southern Cape Verde Islands of Maio, Santiago, Fogo and Brava.
The storm is centered about 65 miles west-southwest of Brava and is moving west-northwest near 16 mph.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Events and Nominations