Alcorn State president Christopher Brown wins award
APLU’s Commission on Access, Diversity and Excellence (CADE) has named Alcorn State University President M. Christopher Brown II, Ph.D., as the 2013 recipient of the Distinguished Service Award for significant contributions to increasing diversity and access in the higher education community. Brown is the first president of a historically black college or university (HBCU) to be honored with the CADE Distinguished Service Award. Throughout his professional career, Brown has dedicated his life to CADE’s mission by helping students receive a high-quality education and achieve their goals. Brown inaugurated one of the first HBCU offices of equity and inclusion and appointed Dr. Derek Greenfield, who is white and Jewish, to lead it.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters