Alcorn State president Christopher Brown wins award
APLU’s Commission on Access, Diversity and Excellence (CADE) has named Alcorn State University President M. Christopher Brown II, Ph.D., as the 2013 recipient of the Distinguished Service Award for significant contributions to increasing diversity and access in the higher education community. Brown is the first president of a historically black college or university (HBCU) to be honored with the CADE Distinguished Service Award. Throughout his professional career, Brown has dedicated his life to CADE’s mission by helping students receive a high-quality education and achieve their goals. Brown inaugurated one of the first HBCU offices of equity and inclusion and appointed Dr. Derek Greenfield, who is white and Jewish, to lead it.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life