Carol Ann Murphy announces Army Corps retirement
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 16,2013
Carol Ann Murphy of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Vicksburg District is retiring after 26 years of service. Murphy began her career in the Contracting Office as a procurement technician and later transferred to the Safety Office as an office administration assistant. She was presented the Commander’s Award for Civilian Service by Col. John W. Cross, Vicksburg District Commander, at a retirement ceremony recognizing her exceptional service.
Murphy is a native of Vicksburg. She is married to Richard Murphy, and they are the parents of three children and six grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability