Carol Ann Murphy announces Army Corps retirement
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 16,2013
Carol Ann Murphy of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Vicksburg District is retiring after 26 years of service. Murphy began her career in the Contracting Office as a procurement technician and later transferred to the Safety Office as an office administration assistant. She was presented the Commander’s Award for Civilian Service by Col. John W. Cross, Vicksburg District Commander, at a retirement ceremony recognizing her exceptional service.
Murphy is a native of Vicksburg. She is married to Richard Murphy, and they are the parents of three children and six grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Friday at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015