Regulators approve Renasant-First M&F merger
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 16,2013
TUPELO — Renasant Corporation and First M&F Corporation have received regulatory approval in connection with the proposed merger of First M&F Corporation into Renasant Corporation.
Subject to closing conditions contained in the merger agreement, the transaction is expected to be effective as of Sept. 1.
On that date, Merchants & Farmers Bank (M&F) will become Renasant Bank, and M&F locations will re-open under the Renasant Bank brand on Sept. 3.
M&F clients should continue to conduct their banking business as usual i.e., using existing branches, checks, debit cards and ATMs, until receiving notice from Renasant that system conversion has been completed, which is expected to occur during the fourth quarter of 2013.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate