Regulators approve Renasant-First M&F merger
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 16,2013
TUPELO — Renasant Corporation and First M&F Corporation have received regulatory approval in connection with the proposed merger of First M&F Corporation into Renasant Corporation.
Subject to closing conditions contained in the merger agreement, the transaction is expected to be effective as of Sept. 1.
On that date, Merchants & Farmers Bank (M&F) will become Renasant Bank, and M&F locations will re-open under the Renasant Bank brand on Sept. 3.
M&F clients should continue to conduct their banking business as usual i.e., using existing branches, checks, debit cards and ATMs, until receiving notice from Renasant that system conversion has been completed, which is expected to occur during the fourth quarter of 2013.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015