Regulators approve Renasant-First M&F merger
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 16,2013
TUPELO — Renasant Corporation and First M&F Corporation have received regulatory approval in connection with the proposed merger of First M&F Corporation into Renasant Corporation.
Subject to closing conditions contained in the merger agreement, the transaction is expected to be effective as of Sept. 1.
On that date, Merchants & Farmers Bank (M&F) will become Renasant Bank, and M&F locations will re-open under the Renasant Bank brand on Sept. 3.
M&F clients should continue to conduct their banking business as usual i.e., using existing branches, checks, debit cards and ATMs, until receiving notice from Renasant that system conversion has been completed, which is expected to occur during the fourth quarter of 2013.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015