USM program receives certification from ASTL examiners
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 16,2013
Tags: American Society of Transportation & Logistics, certification, education, export, higher education, import, logistics, postsecondary education, public university, shipping, trade, transportation, university, University of Southern Mississippi
HATTIESBURG — The American Society of Transportation & Logistics Board of Examiners has approved the online master of science for logistics, trade and transportation at the University of Southern Mississippi as a certified transportation and logistics academic program.
Administered by the Center for Logistics, Trade and Transportation (CLTT) at Southern Miss, the program’s graduates may now earn CTL designation with their degrees. Graduates may also gain access to a global network of industry professionals; receive electronic subscription to the Transportation Journal; enjoy one year complimentary student membership in APICS and obtain discounted registrations to major industry events such as ASTL annual meeting.
The ASTL was founded in 1946 by industry leaders, and strives to promote and ensure the highest level of global standards through professional certification in the field of transportation and logistics. The CTL (Certified in Transportation and Logistics) Certification Program began in 1948.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium