USM program receives certification from ASTL examiners
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 16,2013
Tags: American Society of Transportation & Logistics, certification, education, export, higher education, import, logistics, postsecondary education, public university, shipping, trade, transportation, university, University of Southern Mississippi
HATTIESBURG — The American Society of Transportation & Logistics Board of Examiners has approved the online master of science for logistics, trade and transportation at the University of Southern Mississippi as a certified transportation and logistics academic program.
Administered by the Center for Logistics, Trade and Transportation (CLTT) at Southern Miss, the program’s graduates may now earn CTL designation with their degrees. Graduates may also gain access to a global network of industry professionals; receive electronic subscription to the Transportation Journal; enjoy one year complimentary student membership in APICS and obtain discounted registrations to major industry events such as ASTL annual meeting.
The ASTL was founded in 1946 by industry leaders, and strives to promote and ensure the highest level of global standards through professional certification in the field of transportation and logistics. The CTL (Certified in Transportation and Logistics) Certification Program began in 1948.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- (VIDEO) DON GLIDEWELL — The threat of cyber crime to businesses is real