Ergon buys facility it was renting on Missouri River
by Associated Press
Published: August 19,2013
JACKSON — A Mississippi asphalt company has bought a Missouri River terminal it had been renting in Kansas, and says it plans to expand it.
Ergon Asphalt & Emulsions Inc., of Jackson, bought the Wolcott Terminal Facility in Wolcott, Kansas, from Tanco Kansas City LLC.
It had leased the terminal northwest of Kansas City from 1992 until the purchase on July 31.
The terminal currently has a 176,284-barrel capacity, receiving neat asphalt from barge, truck and rail and loading it onto trucks.
The Wolcott Facility also moves sulfuric acide, and Ergon says it will handle existing sulfuric acid contracts.
President J. Baxter Burns II says Ergon plans to add capability and storage capacity.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC