Ergon buys facility it was renting on Missouri River
Published: August 19,2013
JACKSON — A Mississippi asphalt company has bought a Missouri River terminal it had been renting in Kansas, and says it plans to expand it.
Ergon Asphalt & Emulsions Inc., of Jackson, bought the Wolcott Terminal Facility in Wolcott, Kansas, from Tanco Kansas City LLC.
It had leased the terminal northwest of Kansas City from 1992 until the purchase on July 31.
The terminal currently has a 176,284-barrel capacity, receiving neat asphalt from barge, truck and rail and loading it onto trucks.
The Wolcott Facility also moves sulfuric acide, and Ergon says it will handle existing sulfuric acid contracts.
President J. Baxter Burns II says Ergon plans to add capability and storage capacity.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November