Ergon buys facility it was renting on Missouri River
by Associated Press
Published: August 19,2013
JACKSON — A Mississippi asphalt company has bought a Missouri River terminal it had been renting in Kansas, and says it plans to expand it.
Ergon Asphalt & Emulsions Inc., of Jackson, bought the Wolcott Terminal Facility in Wolcott, Kansas, from Tanco Kansas City LLC.
It had leased the terminal northwest of Kansas City from 1992 until the purchase on July 31.
The terminal currently has a 176,284-barrel capacity, receiving neat asphalt from barge, truck and rail and loading it onto trucks.
The Wolcott Facility also moves sulfuric acide, and Ergon says it will handle existing sulfuric acid contracts.
President J. Baxter Burns II says Ergon plans to add capability and storage capacity.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State