Ergon buys facility it was renting on Missouri River
Published: August 19,2013
JACKSON — A Mississippi asphalt company has bought a Missouri River terminal it had been renting in Kansas, and says it plans to expand it.
Ergon Asphalt & Emulsions Inc., of Jackson, bought the Wolcott Terminal Facility in Wolcott, Kansas, from Tanco Kansas City LLC.
It had leased the terminal northwest of Kansas City from 1992 until the purchase on July 31.
The terminal currently has a 176,284-barrel capacity, receiving neat asphalt from barge, truck and rail and loading it onto trucks.
The Wolcott Facility also moves sulfuric acide, and Ergon says it will handle existing sulfuric acid contracts.
President J. Baxter Burns II says Ergon plans to add capability and storage capacity.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics