Ergon buys facility it was renting on Missouri River
Published: August 19,2013
JACKSON — A Mississippi asphalt company has bought a Missouri River terminal it had been renting in Kansas, and says it plans to expand it.
Ergon Asphalt & Emulsions Inc., of Jackson, bought the Wolcott Terminal Facility in Wolcott, Kansas, from Tanco Kansas City LLC.
It had leased the terminal northwest of Kansas City from 1992 until the purchase on July 31.
The terminal currently has a 176,284-barrel capacity, receiving neat asphalt from barge, truck and rail and loading it onto trucks.
The Wolcott Facility also moves sulfuric acide, and Ergon says it will handle existing sulfuric acid contracts.
President J. Baxter Burns II says Ergon plans to add capability and storage capacity.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau