More rain expected in parts of Coast that saw weekend flooding
Published: August 19,2013
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — Forecasters say there could be more rain this week in parts of south Mississippi hit with flash flooding over the weekend.
Heavy rainfall over the weekend caused flooding in areas including Long Beach, Gulfport and Biloxi.
Authorities said some areas of Gulfport recorded more than 6 inches of rain Sunday.
William Harold, a Gulfport resident, said two inches of water came inside his house when water inundated his neighborhood.
Gulfport firefighters had to rescue stranded motorists, including some on U.S. 90.
The American Red Cross sent staff and volunteers to pass out cleanup supplies and authorities gave out sandbags.
The National Weather Service says some of the same areas could get more rain at times throughout the week.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love