Ex-economic developer arrested, charged with stealing
Published: August 20,2013
Tags: arrest, economic developer, economic development, embezzle, embezzlement, Jay Paul Gumm, law, law enforcement, legal, Stacey Pickering, Stone County, Stone County Economic Development Partnership
WIGGINS — Authorities say the former executive director of the Stone County Economic Development Partnership has been arrested on an embezzlement charge.
A news release from State Auditor Stacey Pickering’s office says 50-year-old Jay Paul Gumm was arrested Friday.
The news release says Gumm embezzled over $24,000 from the organization.
The arrest was made by investigators from the auditor’s office and the Stone County Sheriff’s Office.
Gumm was released from the Stone County Jail on Saturday on a $20,000 bond.
It wasn’t immediately clear if he had a lawyer. His telephone number was not immediately available.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Ex-economic developer arrested, charged with stealing”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran