Accused goat rustler to be in court next year
Published: August 21,2013
VICKSBURG — A Warren County man booked with rustling goats will stand trial in February 2014.
The Vicksburg Post reports 50-year-old Jeffrey Morrison was indicted by a county grand jury for theft of livestock.
Morrison entered a not-guilty plea before Circuit Judge Isadore Patrick. Patrick set trial for Feb. 24.
Morrison is alleged to have stolen three goats on April 11 from the 1900 block of Heather Place. Police say they found him with a rifle in his vehicle and dead goats in the back.
If convicted, Morrision faces five years in prison.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal