Accused goat rustler to be in court next year
Published: August 21,2013
VICKSBURG — A Warren County man booked with rustling goats will stand trial in February 2014.
The Vicksburg Post reports 50-year-old Jeffrey Morrison was indicted by a county grand jury for theft of livestock.
Morrison entered a not-guilty plea before Circuit Judge Isadore Patrick. Patrick set trial for Feb. 24.
Morrison is alleged to have stolen three goats on April 11 from the 1900 block of Heather Place. Police say they found him with a rifle in his vehicle and dead goats in the back.
If convicted, Morrision faces five years in prison.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation