Accused goat rustler to be in court next year
Published: August 21,2013
VICKSBURG — A Warren County man booked with rustling goats will stand trial in February 2014.
The Vicksburg Post reports 50-year-old Jeffrey Morrison was indicted by a county grand jury for theft of livestock.
Morrison entered a not-guilty plea before Circuit Judge Isadore Patrick. Patrick set trial for Feb. 24.
Morrison is alleged to have stolen three goats on April 11 from the 1900 block of Heather Place. Police say they found him with a rifle in his vehicle and dead goats in the back.
If convicted, Morrision faces five years in prison.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access