Accused goat rustler to be in court next year
by Associated Press
Published: August 21,2013
VICKSBURG — A Warren County man booked with rustling goats will stand trial in February 2014.
The Vicksburg Post reports 50-year-old Jeffrey Morrison was indicted by a county grand jury for theft of livestock.
Morrison entered a not-guilty plea before Circuit Judge Isadore Patrick. Patrick set trial for Feb. 24.
Morrison is alleged to have stolen three goats on April 11 from the 1900 block of Heather Place. Police say they found him with a rifle in his vehicle and dead goats in the back.
If convicted, Morrision faces five years in prison.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- The link between education and economic development
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Navy supercomputing power to grow
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release