Accused goat rustler to be in court next year
Published: August 21,2013
VICKSBURG — A Warren County man booked with rustling goats will stand trial in February 2014.
The Vicksburg Post reports 50-year-old Jeffrey Morrison was indicted by a county grand jury for theft of livestock.
Morrison entered a not-guilty plea before Circuit Judge Isadore Patrick. Patrick set trial for Feb. 24.
Morrison is alleged to have stolen three goats on April 11 from the 1900 block of Heather Place. Police say they found him with a rifle in his vehicle and dead goats in the back.
If convicted, Morrision faces five years in prison.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project