Council approves measures needed for construction of new mall
Published: August 21,2013
Tags: Bobby Mandal, CBL & Associates, city, city council, city government, City of D'Iberville, Gulf Coast Galleria, infrastructure, mall, municipal, municipality, retail, retailer, retailing, shop, shopper, shopping
D’IBERVILLE — The D’Iberville City Council has approved the zoning change and variances Gulf Coast Galleria needed for the go-ahead and the developers expect to start construction of the mall in the spring.
The Sun Herald reports those attending yesterday’s meeting applauded when Mayor Rusty Quave introduced the team of developers who are going to build the indoor mall along Interstate 10 south of The Promenade and west of Interstate 110.
Local developer Bobby Mandal will be working with CBL & Associates to build the mall and adjacent hotel.
Mandal said the mall will have two large anchor stores along with national, regional and local retailers. He said they are shooting for an opening of October 15, 2015, in time for holiday shopping.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history