Council approves measures needed for construction of new mall
Published: August 21,2013
Tags: Bobby Mandal, CBL & Associates, city, city council, city government, City of D'Iberville, Gulf Coast Galleria, infrastructure, mall, municipal, municipality, retail, retailer, retailing, shop, shopper, shopping
D’IBERVILLE — The D’Iberville City Council has approved the zoning change and variances Gulf Coast Galleria needed for the go-ahead and the developers expect to start construction of the mall in the spring.
The Sun Herald reports those attending yesterday’s meeting applauded when Mayor Rusty Quave introduced the team of developers who are going to build the indoor mall along Interstate 10 south of The Promenade and west of Interstate 110.
Local developer Bobby Mandal will be working with CBL & Associates to build the mall and adjacent hotel.
Mandal said the mall will have two large anchor stores along with national, regional and local retailers. He said they are shooting for an opening of October 15, 2015, in time for holiday shopping.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion
- Judge rules for Fish and Wildlife Service in frog habitat case
- Diamondhead Casino Corporation wins site approval