Council approves measures needed for construction of new mall
Published: August 21,2013
Tags: Bobby Mandal, CBL & Associates, city, city council, city government, City of D'Iberville, Gulf Coast Galleria, infrastructure, mall, municipal, municipality, retail, retailer, retailing, shop, shopper, shopping
D’IBERVILLE — The D’Iberville City Council has approved the zoning change and variances Gulf Coast Galleria needed for the go-ahead and the developers expect to start construction of the mall in the spring.
The Sun Herald reports those attending yesterday’s meeting applauded when Mayor Rusty Quave introduced the team of developers who are going to build the indoor mall along Interstate 10 south of The Promenade and west of Interstate 110.
Local developer Bobby Mandal will be working with CBL & Associates to build the mall and adjacent hotel.
Mandal said the mall will have two large anchor stores along with national, regional and local retailers. He said they are shooting for an opening of October 15, 2015, in time for holiday shopping.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi