Council approves measures needed for construction of new mall
Published: August 21,2013
Tags: Bobby Mandal, CBL & Associates, city, city council, city government, City of D'Iberville, Gulf Coast Galleria, infrastructure, mall, municipal, municipality, retail, retailer, retailing, shop, shopper, shopping
D’IBERVILLE — The D’Iberville City Council has approved the zoning change and variances Gulf Coast Galleria needed for the go-ahead and the developers expect to start construction of the mall in the spring.
The Sun Herald reports those attending yesterday’s meeting applauded when Mayor Rusty Quave introduced the team of developers who are going to build the indoor mall along Interstate 10 south of The Promenade and west of Interstate 110.
Local developer Bobby Mandal will be working with CBL & Associates to build the mall and adjacent hotel.
Mandal said the mall will have two large anchor stores along with national, regional and local retailers. He said they are shooting for an opening of October 15, 2015, in time for holiday shopping.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90