MC law school honors attorneys
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 23,2013
Mississippi College School of Law has selected X.M. Frascogna Jr. as the 2013 Lawyer of the Year. Frascogna is the senior partner in the law firm of Frascogna Courtney, PLLC. He received his bachelor’s degree from Mississippi State University and master’s degrees from Mississippi College. In this role, he has served as a special master to numerous circuit courts throughout Mississippi. Frascogna co-authors “This Business of Artist Management,” which is the standard reference work on artist management in the music business. In addition, he has co-authored five books about the unique culture surrounding high school and junior college football in Mississippi. Frascogna recently released the film “Mississippi Gridiron Gold.”
The law school also selected Davetta Cooke Lee as the Young Lawyer of the Year. Lee serves as the executive director of the Mississippi Access to Justice Commission. In this role, Lee works with legal aid providers across the state to reduce barriers to the justice system by addressing laws, court rules and policies that affect access to the judicial system. The 2006 MC Law graduate received her bachelor’s degree from Xavier University of Louisiana. She serves as chair of the Diversity Committee for the Young Lawyers Division of the Mississippi Bar and co-chair of membership for the Capital Area Bar Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters