MC law school honors attorneys
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 23,2013
Mississippi College School of Law has selected X.M. Frascogna Jr. as the 2013 Lawyer of the Year. Frascogna is the senior partner in the law firm of Frascogna Courtney, PLLC. He received his bachelor’s degree from Mississippi State University and master’s degrees from Mississippi College. In this role, he has served as a special master to numerous circuit courts throughout Mississippi. Frascogna co-authors “This Business of Artist Management,” which is the standard reference work on artist management in the music business. In addition, he has co-authored five books about the unique culture surrounding high school and junior college football in Mississippi. Frascogna recently released the film “Mississippi Gridiron Gold.”
The law school also selected Davetta Cooke Lee as the Young Lawyer of the Year. Lee serves as the executive director of the Mississippi Access to Justice Commission. In this role, Lee works with legal aid providers across the state to reduce barriers to the justice system by addressing laws, court rules and policies that affect access to the judicial system. The 2006 MC Law graduate received her bachelor’s degree from Xavier University of Louisiana. She serves as chair of the Diversity Committee for the Young Lawyers Division of the Mississippi Bar and co-chair of membership for the Capital Area Bar Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports