William Little becomes UMMC medical school chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 23,2013
Dr. William C. Little, a cardiologist with research interest in cardiac function, has joined the University of Mississippi School of Medicine as professor and chair of the Department of Medicine. He succeeds Dr. Shirley Schlessinger, who served as interim chair of the department the past three years
Little is board certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular disease and interventional cardiology. He earned his B.A. in physics at Oberlin College in Ohio, and his M.D. from Ohio State University College of Medicine. He completed an internal medicine residency at the University of Virginia Hospital, followed by a cardiology fellowship at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years