William Little becomes UMMC medical school chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 23,2013
Dr. William C. Little, a cardiologist with research interest in cardiac function, has joined the University of Mississippi School of Medicine as professor and chair of the Department of Medicine. He succeeds Dr. Shirley Schlessinger, who served as interim chair of the department the past three years
Little is board certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular disease and interventional cardiology. He earned his B.A. in physics at Oberlin College in Ohio, and his M.D. from Ohio State University College of Medicine. He completed an internal medicine residency at the University of Virginia Hospital, followed by a cardiology fellowship at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years