William Little becomes UMMC medical school chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 23,2013
Dr. William C. Little, a cardiologist with research interest in cardiac function, has joined the University of Mississippi School of Medicine as professor and chair of the Department of Medicine. He succeeds Dr. Shirley Schlessinger, who served as interim chair of the department the past three years
Little is board certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular disease and interventional cardiology. He earned his B.A. in physics at Oberlin College in Ohio, and his M.D. from Ohio State University College of Medicine. He completed an internal medicine residency at the University of Virginia Hospital, followed by a cardiology fellowship at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release