County officials await bridge report; could need replacement
by Associated Press
Published: August 25,2013
GULFPORT — Authorities in Harrison County expect to have a report on the inspection of the Lorraine Road Bridge within two weeks.
Gulfport chief engineer Kris Riemann tells WLOX that the report from Volkert Engineering will provide data for a new rating for the bridge.
If the rating is too low, it likely will mean the bridge should be replaced.
Riemann says other recommendations could include at least temporary bridge to keep the bridge in use.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State