County officials await bridge report; could need replacement
Published: August 25,2013
GULFPORT — Authorities in Harrison County expect to have a report on the inspection of the Lorraine Road Bridge within two weeks.
Gulfport chief engineer Kris Riemann tells WLOX that the report from Volkert Engineering will provide data for a new rating for the bridge.
If the rating is too low, it likely will mean the bridge should be replaced.
Riemann says other recommendations could include at least temporary bridge to keep the bridge in use.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner