County officials await bridge report; could need replacement
by Associated Press
Published: August 25,2013
GULFPORT — Authorities in Harrison County expect to have a report on the inspection of the Lorraine Road Bridge within two weeks.
Gulfport chief engineer Kris Riemann tells WLOX that the report from Volkert Engineering will provide data for a new rating for the bridge.
If the rating is too low, it likely will mean the bridge should be replaced.
Riemann says other recommendations could include at least temporary bridge to keep the bridge in use.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case