County officials await bridge report; could need replacement
Published: August 25,2013
GULFPORT — Authorities in Harrison County expect to have a report on the inspection of the Lorraine Road Bridge within two weeks.
Gulfport chief engineer Kris Riemann tells WLOX that the report from Volkert Engineering will provide data for a new rating for the bridge.
If the rating is too low, it likely will mean the bridge should be replaced.
Riemann says other recommendations could include at least temporary bridge to keep the bridge in use.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release