County officials await bridge report; could need replacement
by Associated Press
Published: August 25,2013
GULFPORT — Authorities in Harrison County expect to have a report on the inspection of the Lorraine Road Bridge within two weeks.
Gulfport chief engineer Kris Riemann tells WLOX that the report from Volkert Engineering will provide data for a new rating for the bridge.
If the rating is too low, it likely will mean the bridge should be replaced.
Riemann says other recommendations could include at least temporary bridge to keep the bridge in use.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!