Hospital exec leaving after one month to replace Cameron at MHA
Published: August 25,2013
TUPELO — The president of North Mississippi Medical Center-Tupelo is leaving the job he has held since mid-July.
Tim Moore said he’ll become the new president and chief executive officer of the Mississippi Hospital Association in the next few weeks. The group represents more than 100 health care organizations, and the leader often deals with the governor and lawmakers.
Moore, 48, told the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal that he’s happy with his job in Tupelo but sees the association job as a way to have a lasting impact on health care for the entire state.
“I’m looking forward to the challenges and opportunities, and we have plenty of both,” he said.
Hospital association spokeswoman Shawn Rossi said Moore will succeed Sam Cameron, who’s preparing for retirement and will be president emeritus of the group until June.
WTVA-TV reports that Moore joined North Mississippi Health Services in April 2012 as vice president of community hospitals. The Forest native previously worked for Rush Health Systems in Meridian and Greenwood-Leflore Hospital and was administrator of North Mississippi Medical Center-West Point.
North Mississippi Medical Center-Tupelo will begin a search for a new president.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option