Ex-mayor Aultman named to Board of Education
Published: August 26,2013
CLINTON — Former Clinton Mayor Rosemary Aultman has been appointed to the state Board of Education.
House Speaker Philip Gunn announced his appointment Monday. He said Aultman will serve as his recess appointment to the board through Dec. 31.
Aultman served as mayor in Clinton for 20 years. Gunn says he worked with Aultman while he served on the Clinton School Board.
Gunn said nothing about what he would do about an appointment after the first of the year.
Aultman will replace Martha “Jackie” Murphy of Rienzi, whose term expired June 30.
On the final day of the 2013 session, the Senate Education Committee rejected Gunn’s nomination of charter schools advocate Joel Bomgar to the Board of Education to replace Murphy. Some senators questioned Bomgar’s commitment to public schools.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Ex-mayor Aultman named to Board of Education”
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access