Ex-mayor Aultman named to Board of Education
Published: August 26,2013
CLINTON — Former Clinton Mayor Rosemary Aultman has been appointed to the state Board of Education.
House Speaker Philip Gunn announced his appointment Monday. He said Aultman will serve as his recess appointment to the board through Dec. 31.
Aultman served as mayor in Clinton for 20 years. Gunn says he worked with Aultman while he served on the Clinton School Board.
Gunn said nothing about what he would do about an appointment after the first of the year.
Aultman will replace Martha “Jackie” Murphy of Rienzi, whose term expired June 30.
On the final day of the 2013 session, the Senate Education Committee rejected Gunn’s nomination of charter schools advocate Joel Bomgar to the Board of Education to replace Murphy. Some senators questioned Bomgar’s commitment to public schools.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Ex-mayor Aultman named to Board of Education”
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million