Ex-mayor Aultman named to Board of Education
Published: August 26,2013
CLINTON — Former Clinton Mayor Rosemary Aultman has been appointed to the state Board of Education.
House Speaker Philip Gunn announced his appointment Monday. He said Aultman will serve as his recess appointment to the board through Dec. 31.
Aultman served as mayor in Clinton for 20 years. Gunn says he worked with Aultman while he served on the Clinton School Board.
Gunn said nothing about what he would do about an appointment after the first of the year.
Aultman will replace Martha “Jackie” Murphy of Rienzi, whose term expired June 30.
On the final day of the 2013 session, the Senate Education Committee rejected Gunn’s nomination of charter schools advocate Joel Bomgar to the Board of Education to replace Murphy. Some senators questioned Bomgar’s commitment to public schools.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Ex-mayor Aultman named to Board of Education”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal