Ex-mayor Aultman named to Board of Education
Published: August 26,2013
CLINTON — Former Clinton Mayor Rosemary Aultman has been appointed to the state Board of Education.
House Speaker Philip Gunn announced his appointment Monday. He said Aultman will serve as his recess appointment to the board through Dec. 31.
Aultman served as mayor in Clinton for 20 years. Gunn says he worked with Aultman while he served on the Clinton School Board.
Gunn said nothing about what he would do about an appointment after the first of the year.
Aultman will replace Martha “Jackie” Murphy of Rienzi, whose term expired June 30.
On the final day of the 2013 session, the Senate Education Committee rejected Gunn’s nomination of charter schools advocate Joel Bomgar to the Board of Education to replace Murphy. Some senators questioned Bomgar’s commitment to public schools.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Ex-mayor Aultman named to Board of Education”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency