Ex-mayor Aultman named to Board of Education
Published: August 26,2013
CLINTON — Former Clinton Mayor Rosemary Aultman has been appointed to the state Board of Education.
House Speaker Philip Gunn announced his appointment Monday. He said Aultman will serve as his recess appointment to the board through Dec. 31.
Aultman served as mayor in Clinton for 20 years. Gunn says he worked with Aultman while he served on the Clinton School Board.
Gunn said nothing about what he would do about an appointment after the first of the year.
Aultman will replace Martha “Jackie” Murphy of Rienzi, whose term expired June 30.
On the final day of the 2013 session, the Senate Education Committee rejected Gunn’s nomination of charter schools advocate Joel Bomgar to the Board of Education to replace Murphy. Some senators questioned Bomgar’s commitment to public schools.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Ex-mayor Aultman named to Board of Education”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015