New hospital sees first patient; hundreds turn out for grand opening
Published: August 27,2013
OLIVE BRANCH — Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare’s first patient at its new hospital serving the Olive Branch area was a five-year-old boy who was treated for strep throat and released.
The Olive Branch child was among 21 patients who were seen through midafternoon yesterday, the hospital’s first day accepting patients.
The Commercial Appeal reports hundreds of people attended the grand opening celebration of the hospital last week and toured the five-story building on U.S. 78. The official opening wasn’t until 7 a.m. Monday, however. According to Methodist officials, the day went by without any major disruptions.
Approved for 100 beds, the hospital has 60 ready for patients, with plans to place additional beds within three years. Services include surgery, orthopedics, maternity and cardiology. The hospital, including the equipment, cost $100 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option