New hospital sees first patient; hundreds turn out for grand opening
Published: August 27,2013
OLIVE BRANCH — Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare’s first patient at its new hospital serving the Olive Branch area was a five-year-old boy who was treated for strep throat and released.
The Olive Branch child was among 21 patients who were seen through midafternoon yesterday, the hospital’s first day accepting patients.
The Commercial Appeal reports hundreds of people attended the grand opening celebration of the hospital last week and toured the five-story building on U.S. 78. The official opening wasn’t until 7 a.m. Monday, however. According to Methodist officials, the day went by without any major disruptions.
Approved for 100 beds, the hospital has 60 ready for patients, with plans to place additional beds within three years. Services include surgery, orthopedics, maternity and cardiology. The hospital, including the equipment, cost $100 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Digital Editions - magazines