New hospital sees first patient; hundreds turn out for grand opening
Published: August 27,2013
OLIVE BRANCH — Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare’s first patient at its new hospital serving the Olive Branch area was a five-year-old boy who was treated for strep throat and released.
The Olive Branch child was among 21 patients who were seen through midafternoon yesterday, the hospital’s first day accepting patients.
The Commercial Appeal reports hundreds of people attended the grand opening celebration of the hospital last week and toured the five-story building on U.S. 78. The official opening wasn’t until 7 a.m. Monday, however. According to Methodist officials, the day went by without any major disruptions.
Approved for 100 beds, the hospital has 60 ready for patients, with plans to place additional beds within three years. Services include surgery, orthopedics, maternity and cardiology. The hospital, including the equipment, cost $100 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office