New hospital sees first patient; hundreds turn out for grand opening
Published: August 27,2013
OLIVE BRANCH — Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare’s first patient at its new hospital serving the Olive Branch area was a five-year-old boy who was treated for strep throat and released.
The Olive Branch child was among 21 patients who were seen through midafternoon yesterday, the hospital’s first day accepting patients.
The Commercial Appeal reports hundreds of people attended the grand opening celebration of the hospital last week and toured the five-story building on U.S. 78. The official opening wasn’t until 7 a.m. Monday, however. According to Methodist officials, the day went by without any major disruptions.
Approved for 100 beds, the hospital has 60 ready for patients, with plans to place additional beds within three years. Services include surgery, orthopedics, maternity and cardiology. The hospital, including the equipment, cost $100 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)