New hospital sees first patient; hundreds turn out for grand opening
Published: August 27,2013
OLIVE BRANCH — Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare’s first patient at its new hospital serving the Olive Branch area was a five-year-old boy who was treated for strep throat and released.
The Olive Branch child was among 21 patients who were seen through midafternoon yesterday, the hospital’s first day accepting patients.
The Commercial Appeal reports hundreds of people attended the grand opening celebration of the hospital last week and toured the five-story building on U.S. 78. The official opening wasn’t until 7 a.m. Monday, however. According to Methodist officials, the day went by without any major disruptions.
Approved for 100 beds, the hospital has 60 ready for patients, with plans to place additional beds within three years. Services include surgery, orthopedics, maternity and cardiology. The hospital, including the equipment, cost $100 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions