BancorpSouth increases dividend for first time in two years
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 29,2013
TUPELO — The BancorpSouth Inc. board of directors has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.05 per common share, which is a $0.04 per share or 400 percent increase over the company’s previous quarterly dividend payment of $0.01 per common share.
The dividend is payable Oct. 1 to shareholders of record at the close of business on Sept. 13.
The $0.05 per share payment is the first increase in BancorpSouth’s cash dividend since the reduction of the quarterly payment to $0.01 per share in the second quarter of 2011.
CEO Dan Rollins said, “I am encouraged with the progress made through the first half of this year towards our efforts to improve our efficiency and expense control, our continued progress in improving asset quality, and our revenue growth opportunities as we continue to emphasize to our people the importance of growth, both in our loan portfolio and in our lines of business.”
BancorpSouth reported net income of $20.8 million or $0.22 per diluted share for the second quarter of 2013.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino