Keeping Our Eye On Reagan Jackson
Published: August 30,2013
Name: Reagan Jackson
Position: Marketing & External Affairs Manager
Company: Innovate Mississippi
Reagan Jackson says her mentor and hero was her first boss, her grandfather O.D. Jackson.
The younger Jackson says her first job ever was as an office assistant “at my Papaw’s Northside Self Storage in Philadelphia.”
Jackson wanted to be a librarian as a child and studied English at Mississippi College and worked three part-time jobs starting out including in the university’s admissions office.
“Having multiple part-time jobs after graduating showed me various work environments and helped me to not only better see where I would fit best, but made me more appreciative of where I ended up,” she says.
An internship with Innovate Mississippi, a Ridgeland technology and economic development non-profit led to a position for Reagan as marketing manager and editorial assistant of the group’s statewide magazine.
“I enjoyed learning about all the companies and entrepreneurs we were writing about. It is fun to learn about all these innovative things happening right here in Mississippi,” she says.
Jackson is an avid reader and attends and sings in the choir at Broadmoor Baptist Church in Madison.
“Don’t get caught up in the idea that you have to find the perfect job straight out of graduating college,” Jackson advises young professionals.“In everything I do, I want to be obedient to the Lord. In three to five years, I hope to be right where He needs me to be.”
Best Mississippi event: The Neshoba County Fair
Favorite hangout spots: Cabin 600 at the Neshoba County Fair.
Favorite Mississippi food: Lunch at Peggy’s in Philadelphia
Favorite TV show: “Criminal Minds”
Favorite Movie: “Pirate Radio”
Favorite music: Folk
Twitter handle: @reaganejackson
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren