Keeping Our Eye On Reagan Jackson
by Stephen McDill
Published: August 30,2013
Name: Reagan Jackson
Position: Marketing & External Affairs Manager
Company: Innovate Mississippi
Reagan Jackson says her mentor and hero was her first boss, her grandfather O.D. Jackson.
The younger Jackson says her first job ever was as an office assistant “at my Papaw’s Northside Self Storage in Philadelphia.”
Jackson wanted to be a librarian as a child and studied English at Mississippi College and worked three part-time jobs starting out including in the university’s admissions office.
“Having multiple part-time jobs after graduating showed me various work environments and helped me to not only better see where I would fit best, but made me more appreciative of where I ended up,” she says.
An internship with Innovate Mississippi, a Ridgeland technology and economic development non-profit led to a position for Reagan as marketing manager and editorial assistant of the group’s statewide magazine.
“I enjoyed learning about all the companies and entrepreneurs we were writing about. It is fun to learn about all these innovative things happening right here in Mississippi,” she says.
Jackson is an avid reader and attends and sings in the choir at Broadmoor Baptist Church in Madison.
“Don’t get caught up in the idea that you have to find the perfect job straight out of graduating college,” Jackson advises young professionals.“In everything I do, I want to be obedient to the Lord. In three to five years, I hope to be right where He needs me to be.”
Best Mississippi event: The Neshoba County Fair
Favorite hangout spots: Cabin 600 at the Neshoba County Fair.
Favorite Mississippi food: Lunch at Peggy’s in Philadelphia
Favorite TV show: “Criminal Minds”
Favorite Movie: “Pirate Radio”
Favorite music: Folk
Twitter handle: @reaganejackson
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data