Keeping Our Eye On Reagan Jackson
Published: August 30,2013
Name: Reagan Jackson
Position: Marketing & External Affairs Manager
Company: Innovate Mississippi
Reagan Jackson says her mentor and hero was her first boss, her grandfather O.D. Jackson.
The younger Jackson says her first job ever was as an office assistant “at my Papaw’s Northside Self Storage in Philadelphia.”
Jackson wanted to be a librarian as a child and studied English at Mississippi College and worked three part-time jobs starting out including in the university’s admissions office.
“Having multiple part-time jobs after graduating showed me various work environments and helped me to not only better see where I would fit best, but made me more appreciative of where I ended up,” she says.
An internship with Innovate Mississippi, a Ridgeland technology and economic development non-profit led to a position for Reagan as marketing manager and editorial assistant of the group’s statewide magazine.
“I enjoyed learning about all the companies and entrepreneurs we were writing about. It is fun to learn about all these innovative things happening right here in Mississippi,” she says.
Jackson is an avid reader and attends and sings in the choir at Broadmoor Baptist Church in Madison.
“Don’t get caught up in the idea that you have to find the perfect job straight out of graduating college,” Jackson advises young professionals.“In everything I do, I want to be obedient to the Lord. In three to five years, I hope to be right where He needs me to be.”
Best Mississippi event: The Neshoba County Fair
Favorite hangout spots: Cabin 600 at the Neshoba County Fair.
Favorite Mississippi food: Lunch at Peggy’s in Philadelphia
Favorite TV show: “Criminal Minds”
Favorite Movie: “Pirate Radio”
Favorite music: Folk
Twitter handle: @reaganejackson
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities