Rory Doyle returns to DSU
Delta State University recently named Rory Doyle, a 2011 alumnus, as the campus news writer/photographer with the Department of Communications and Marketing. The West Newfield, Maine, native graduated cum laude from St. Michael’s College in 2008 with a bachelor’s degree in journalism. In 2009, Doyle began his master’s program in the Delta State department of health, physical education and recreation. While in graduate school, he also taught physical education in the Cleveland School District for two years through the PEAK Project Grant. Doyle’s thirst for writing and photography led him back to his original field of study in 2012 when he began working in the newsroom at The Bolivar Commercial.
Doyle is an avid world traveler and enjoys documenting cultures when he gets the chance to pack his bags. His travels have allowed him to photograph New England, Mexico, Southeast Asia, Central America and many areas across the United States. Doyle’s freelance photography also brings him nationwide to cover assignments. The Mississippi Press Association recently honored Doyle with first place for the “2012 Best Spot News Photo.” He also took home third place in the same category.
Doyle resides in Cleveland with his wife, Marisol. He enjoys getting to know the community by taking photos regularly for the Cleveland-Bolivar County Chamber of Commerce and the Cleveland-Bolivar County Young Professionals. Doyle is also a returning artist for the recently established “Art in the Alley” program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program