Rory Doyle returns to DSU
Delta State University recently named Rory Doyle, a 2011 alumnus, as the campus news writer/photographer with the Department of Communications and Marketing. The West Newfield, Maine, native graduated cum laude from St. Michael’s College in 2008 with a bachelor’s degree in journalism. In 2009, Doyle began his master’s program in the Delta State department of health, physical education and recreation. While in graduate school, he also taught physical education in the Cleveland School District for two years through the PEAK Project Grant. Doyle’s thirst for writing and photography led him back to his original field of study in 2012 when he began working in the newsroom at The Bolivar Commercial.
Doyle is an avid world traveler and enjoys documenting cultures when he gets the chance to pack his bags. His travels have allowed him to photograph New England, Mexico, Southeast Asia, Central America and many areas across the United States. Doyle’s freelance photography also brings him nationwide to cover assignments. The Mississippi Press Association recently honored Doyle with first place for the “2012 Best Spot News Photo.” He also took home third place in the same category.
Doyle resides in Cleveland with his wife, Marisol. He enjoys getting to know the community by taking photos regularly for the Cleveland-Bolivar County Chamber of Commerce and the Cleveland-Bolivar County Young Professionals. Doyle is also a returning artist for the recently established “Art in the Alley” program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey