Sanderson Farms promotes Hilary Burroughs
Hilary Burroughs of Laurel-based Sanderson Farms Inc. has recently joined the statewide board of directors of the Mississippi Main Street Association. Burroughs is manager of marketing at Sanderson. She serves on the company’s Corporate Responsibility Council, the Wage & Salary Committee and is a participant in the company’s Leadership for Effectiveness program. Recently, Burroughs managed the company’s participation as title sponsor of the inaugural Sanderson Farms Championship at Annandale Golf Club in Madison. She has been with Sanderson Farms since 2000.
Burroughs graduated with a bachelor of science degree from the University of Mississippi in 1998. Shortly after graduation from college, she began her career at Sanderson Farms in the Export Sales Department. She has since held several positions within the company, including management trainee, corporate poultry buyer, national sales representative and corporate sales manager. She was promoted to her current position in January 2007.
Actively involved in the industry and her community, Burroughs is currently an active member of the Marketing Committee for the National Chicken Council where she has served as the Committee Chairperson for two years. In her community, she is serving her sixth year on the Board of Commissioners for the Laurel Housing Authority and her first year with the Laurel Main Street organization. She is also actively involved with the United Way Chapter of the Pine Belt where she is Chairperson of the Marketing committee.
Burroughs and her husband, Michael, have one son, Carter.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90