Campbell soup recalls nearly a ton of product due to mislabeling
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 3,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Campbell Soup Company is voluntarily recalling approximately 80 cases of 14.5-ounce cans (approximately 1,740 pounds) of canned pasta labeled as Swanson 100% Natural Chicken Broth.
Due to mislabeling, the cans actually contain SpaghettiOs with Meatballs. As a result of the mislabeling, the product does not declare the presence of wheat, milk and soy, which are known allergens.
The affected product was manufactured on July 24 and has the following individual code on the bottom of the label: UPC 51000 02431.
The product subject to the recall was made at the Campbell Soup Supply Company establishment in Paris, Texas, and shipped on Aug. 7 to a single retail customer’s distribution center that serves the following five states: Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Texas.
Consumers who have purchased the product should not eat it. Consumers should return the product to the store where it was purchased for a full refund. Consumers can also call Campbell at 866-495-3774 for more information.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain