Campbell soup recalls nearly a ton of product due to mislabeling
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 3,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Campbell Soup Company is voluntarily recalling approximately 80 cases of 14.5-ounce cans (approximately 1,740 pounds) of canned pasta labeled as Swanson 100% Natural Chicken Broth.
Due to mislabeling, the cans actually contain SpaghettiOs with Meatballs. As a result of the mislabeling, the product does not declare the presence of wheat, milk and soy, which are known allergens.
The affected product was manufactured on July 24 and has the following individual code on the bottom of the label: UPC 51000 02431.
The product subject to the recall was made at the Campbell Soup Supply Company establishment in Paris, Texas, and shipped on Aug. 7 to a single retail customer’s distribution center that serves the following five states: Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Texas.
Consumers who have purchased the product should not eat it. Consumers should return the product to the store where it was purchased for a full refund. Consumers can also call Campbell at 866-495-3774 for more information.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K