Campbell soup recalls nearly a ton of product due to mislabeling
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 3,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Campbell Soup Company is voluntarily recalling approximately 80 cases of 14.5-ounce cans (approximately 1,740 pounds) of canned pasta labeled as Swanson 100% Natural Chicken Broth.
Due to mislabeling, the cans actually contain SpaghettiOs with Meatballs. As a result of the mislabeling, the product does not declare the presence of wheat, milk and soy, which are known allergens.
The affected product was manufactured on July 24 and has the following individual code on the bottom of the label: UPC 51000 02431.
The product subject to the recall was made at the Campbell Soup Supply Company establishment in Paris, Texas, and shipped on Aug. 7 to a single retail customer’s distribution center that serves the following five states: Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Texas.
Consumers who have purchased the product should not eat it. Consumers should return the product to the store where it was purchased for a full refund. Consumers can also call Campbell at 866-495-3774 for more information.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force