Interstate pipeline complete, transporting fuel to eastern U.S.
Published: September 3,2013
COLLINS — Construction of the approximately 141-mile, 16-inch diameter Parkway Pipeline, a 50-50 joint venture between Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P. and Valero Energy Corp, is complete and is now transporting refined petroleum products from refineries in Norco, La., to an existing petroleum transportation hub in Collins, owned by Plantation Pipe Line Company.
From this hub the products will be transported by multiple pipeline systems, including Plantation, that serve major markets in the eastern United States.
The approximately $250-million pipeline system has an initial capacity of 110,000 barrels per day (bpd) with the ability to expand to over 200,000 bpd.
KMP Products Pipelines president Ron McClain said, “This is an exciting project that provides greater connectivity between Gulf Coast refineries and East Coast markets with new pipeline infrastructure while also increasing local property tax revenues by almost $6 million.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus