Number of West Nile virus victims in 2013 reaches 23
Published: September 3,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi State Department of Health says there are six new human cases of West Nile virus for 2013.
The reported cases are in Forrest, Hinds (3), Jones and Lamar counties, bringing the state total for 2013 to 23 cases, including one death.
So far this year, cases have been reported in Bolivar, Forrest (3), Hinds (7), Jones, Lamar (2), Leflore (2), Lincoln, Lowndes, Madison, Marion, Rankin (2) and Wayne counties. The MSDH only reports laboratory-confirmed cases to the public.
In 2012, Mississippi had 247 WNV cases and five deaths.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager