Number of West Nile virus victims in 2013 reaches 23
by Associated Press
Published: September 3,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi State Department of Health says there are six new human cases of West Nile virus for 2013.
The reported cases are in Forrest, Hinds (3), Jones and Lamar counties, bringing the state total for 2013 to 23 cases, including one death.
So far this year, cases have been reported in Bolivar, Forrest (3), Hinds (7), Jones, Lamar (2), Leflore (2), Lincoln, Lowndes, Madison, Marion, Rankin (2) and Wayne counties. The MSDH only reports laboratory-confirmed cases to the public.
In 2012, Mississippi had 247 WNV cases and five deaths.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Gulf Coast's design studio teaches lessons on sustainability
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation