Number of West Nile virus victims in 2013 reaches 23
Published: September 3,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi State Department of Health says there are six new human cases of West Nile virus for 2013.
The reported cases are in Forrest, Hinds (3), Jones and Lamar counties, bringing the state total for 2013 to 23 cases, including one death.
So far this year, cases have been reported in Bolivar, Forrest (3), Hinds (7), Jones, Lamar (2), Leflore (2), Lincoln, Lowndes, Madison, Marion, Rankin (2) and Wayne counties. The MSDH only reports laboratory-confirmed cases to the public.
In 2012, Mississippi had 247 WNV cases and five deaths.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- BILL CRAWFORD: Lowest Common Denominators, Politicians, and Common Core
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Grenada plastics company to expand, add 60 jobs
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay