Renasant-First M&F merger done; new company holds $5.8B in assets
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 4,2013
TUPELO and KOSCIUSKO — Renasant Corporation of Tupelo has completed its merger with First M&F Corporation, a bank holding company headquartered in Kosciusko and the parent of Merchants and Farmers Bank.
The combined company has approximately $5.8 billion in total assets with 130 banking, mortgage, financial services and insurance offices throughout Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia.
The merger adds $1.6 billion in assets, $1.4 billion in deposits and 42 banking and insurance locations throughout Renasant’s Mississippi, Alabama and Tennessee banking franchises. In addition, the merger significantly increases Renasant’s deposit market share in the Birmingham, Ala., and Memphis, Tenn., MSAs and the key Mississippi markets of Tupelo, Oxford and Starkville, while providing entrance into the markets surrounding Jackson. The merger will double Renasant’s insurance operations as M&F Insurance will become Renasant Insurance Inc., a subsidiary of Renasant Bank, on September 1, 2013.
The conversion and integration of M&F into Renasant is expected to be completed in December 2013.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter