Renasant-First M&F merger done; new company holds $5.8B in assets
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 4,2013
TUPELO and KOSCIUSKO — Renasant Corporation of Tupelo has completed its merger with First M&F Corporation, a bank holding company headquartered in Kosciusko and the parent of Merchants and Farmers Bank.
The combined company has approximately $5.8 billion in total assets with 130 banking, mortgage, financial services and insurance offices throughout Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia.
The merger adds $1.6 billion in assets, $1.4 billion in deposits and 42 banking and insurance locations throughout Renasant’s Mississippi, Alabama and Tennessee banking franchises. In addition, the merger significantly increases Renasant’s deposit market share in the Birmingham, Ala., and Memphis, Tenn., MSAs and the key Mississippi markets of Tupelo, Oxford and Starkville, while providing entrance into the markets surrounding Jackson. The merger will double Renasant’s insurance operations as M&F Insurance will become Renasant Insurance Inc., a subsidiary of Renasant Bank, on September 1, 2013.
The conversion and integration of M&F into Renasant is expected to be completed in December 2013.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey