Renasant-First M&F merger done; new company holds $5.8B in assets
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 4,2013
TUPELO and KOSCIUSKO — Renasant Corporation of Tupelo has completed its merger with First M&F Corporation, a bank holding company headquartered in Kosciusko and the parent of Merchants and Farmers Bank.
The combined company has approximately $5.8 billion in total assets with 130 banking, mortgage, financial services and insurance offices throughout Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia.
The merger adds $1.6 billion in assets, $1.4 billion in deposits and 42 banking and insurance locations throughout Renasant’s Mississippi, Alabama and Tennessee banking franchises. In addition, the merger significantly increases Renasant’s deposit market share in the Birmingham, Ala., and Memphis, Tenn., MSAs and the key Mississippi markets of Tupelo, Oxford and Starkville, while providing entrance into the markets surrounding Jackson. The merger will double Renasant’s insurance operations as M&F Insurance will become Renasant Insurance Inc., a subsidiary of Renasant Bank, on September 1, 2013.
The conversion and integration of M&F into Renasant is expected to be completed in December 2013.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Cal-Maine strikes joint venture deal with Arizona company
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau