Renasant-First M&F merger done; new company holds $5.8B in assets
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 4,2013
TUPELO and KOSCIUSKO — Renasant Corporation of Tupelo has completed its merger with First M&F Corporation, a bank holding company headquartered in Kosciusko and the parent of Merchants and Farmers Bank.
The combined company has approximately $5.8 billion in total assets with 130 banking, mortgage, financial services and insurance offices throughout Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia.
The merger adds $1.6 billion in assets, $1.4 billion in deposits and 42 banking and insurance locations throughout Renasant’s Mississippi, Alabama and Tennessee banking franchises. In addition, the merger significantly increases Renasant’s deposit market share in the Birmingham, Ala., and Memphis, Tenn., MSAs and the key Mississippi markets of Tupelo, Oxford and Starkville, while providing entrance into the markets surrounding Jackson. The merger will double Renasant’s insurance operations as M&F Insurance will become Renasant Insurance Inc., a subsidiary of Renasant Bank, on September 1, 2013.
The conversion and integration of M&F into Renasant is expected to be completed in December 2013.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money