Keeping our eye on … Talamieka and Charles Brice
by Stephen McDill
Published: September 6,2013
Talamieka and Charles Brice consider themselves visual storytellers. Even their romance started in an art class where a friendly rivalry between two students turned eventually into love and later business.
“We tell the stories of business and families through photography, graphic design, web development, custom illustrations, branding and advertising,” Talamieka says. “We truly consider it an honor to use our God-given talents to help others connect with their target audiences.”
Whether its helping a small business with marketing or capturing a bride and groom starting a new chapter in life, the award-winning Brice Media in Ridgeland has things covered. The couple recently became the first Mississippians ever featured as “People to Watch” by Graphic Design USA.
Talamieka graduated from Jackson State University with a bachelors in graphic design and minors in illustration and ceramics. Charles also studied at JSU and served in the Army National Guard 2/20th Special Forces Group and later as a public affairs specialist and photojournalist. During Charles’ deployment, Talamieka told their story with an art show titled “Combat Boots & High Heels.”
In addition to working together, the Brices enjoy making jewelry, playing video games and chasing after their dogs.
“Evaluate yourself and your market,” they advise young professionals. “Believe in your skills and talent and do the best you can. Perfection is not a requirement. Action is.”
They list their heroes and mentors as Lt. Col. Christian Patterson, Thelma Hardiman
Ages: Talamieka, 33; Charles, 34
Job Titles: CEO & COO Company: Brice Media
First jobs ever: Bank janitor, grocery cart attendant
Best thing about Mississippi: The history, culture and hospitality
Favorite hangout spots: Fondren
Best Mississippi event: Mal’s St. Paddy’s Day & Zippity Do Dah parades.
Favorite Mississippi food: Mississippi Mudcake, barbeque
Favorite TV show: “The Walking Dead”
Favorite movie: “O Brother Where Art Thou”
Favorite music: Daft Punk
Twitter handles: @talamieka, @CharlesBrice2
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law