Keeping our eye on … Talamieka and Charles Brice
Published: September 6,2013
Talamieka and Charles Brice consider themselves visual storytellers. Even their romance started in an art class where a friendly rivalry between two students turned eventually into love and later business.
“We tell the stories of business and families through photography, graphic design, web development, custom illustrations, branding and advertising,” Talamieka says. “We truly consider it an honor to use our God-given talents to help others connect with their target audiences.”
Whether its helping a small business with marketing or capturing a bride and groom starting a new chapter in life, the award-winning Brice Media in Ridgeland has things covered. The couple recently became the first Mississippians ever featured as “People to Watch” by Graphic Design USA.
Talamieka graduated from Jackson State University with a bachelors in graphic design and minors in illustration and ceramics. Charles also studied at JSU and served in the Army National Guard 2/20th Special Forces Group and later as a public affairs specialist and photojournalist. During Charles’ deployment, Talamieka told their story with an art show titled “Combat Boots & High Heels.”
In addition to working together, the Brices enjoy making jewelry, playing video games and chasing after their dogs.
“Evaluate yourself and your market,” they advise young professionals. “Believe in your skills and talent and do the best you can. Perfection is not a requirement. Action is.”
They list their heroes and mentors as Lt. Col. Christian Patterson, Thelma Hardiman
Ages: Talamieka, 33; Charles, 34
Job Titles: CEO & COO Company: Brice Media
First jobs ever: Bank janitor, grocery cart attendant
Best thing about Mississippi: The history, culture and hospitality
Favorite hangout spots: Fondren
Best Mississippi event: Mal’s St. Paddy’s Day & Zippity Do Dah parades.
Favorite Mississippi food: Mississippi Mudcake, barbeque
Favorite TV show: “The Walking Dead”
Favorite movie: “O Brother Where Art Thou”
Favorite music: Daft Punk
Twitter handles: @talamieka, @CharlesBrice2
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending