Hospital continues to operate in black after big losses
Published: September 7,2013
PHILADELPHIA — Neshoba County General Hospital and Nursing Home generated a profit of $3.5 million profit during fiscal 2012 after a $213,575 profit the previous year, according to audited financial statements.
The Neshoba Democrat reports the hospital had a loss of $1.9 million in 2010.
Hospital administrator Lonnie Graeber said overall expenses were reduced by about $2 million while revenue remained steady, leading to the 2012 profit.
Graeber said that for the first eight months of operations in fiscal 2013, the facility has shown a profit of $3.5 million.
“Our inpatient volume has increased about 40 percent this year,” he said.
That is expected to rise with the new hospital now open.
“We have another real good financial year going,” Graeber said.
The hospital and nursing home reported operating income of about $2.9 million for fiscal 2012, up from just shy of $90,000 the previous year.
The hospital’s Board of Trustees ended its management agreement with Quorum Health Resources Inc. in June 2010. The company had managed the facility since 1993.
After the agreement was terminated, Thomas Bland, longtime administrator of Montfort Jones Memorial Hospital in Kosciusko, was hired as interim chief executive officer.
Graeber took over in November 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics