Main Street group kicks off new fundraising campaign
by Associated Press
Published: September 7,2013
Tags: city of Columbus, Columbus Main Street, community development, downtown, economic development, funding, fundraiser, fundraising, Jay Jordan, Main Street in Motion, merchant, retail, retailer, retailing
COLUMBUS — The Columbus Main Street organization is campaigning to raise money for economic development activities in the downtown area.
The Commercial Dispatch reports the campaign — called Main Street in Motion — will take place through September.
Money raised will go toward the planning of growth, diversification and preservation of the downtown historic district.
Jay Jordan, a member of the organization’s board, is leading the effort.
Individuals and businesses can make tax-deductible donations.
Among the organization’s priorities are reinstating a facade grant program, expanding downtown boundaries, developing a recruitment and retention plan for businesses and developing a brochure for residents and visitors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody