Sanders Oil sells to Alabama company for undisclosed price
Published: September 11,2013
COLUMBUS — Sanders Oil Company has been sold to Midstates Petroleum Company in Vernon, Ala.
The sale includes Sanders Oil’s 14 gasoline stations. Terms of the sale were not made public.
Sanders Oil vice president Will Sanders tells The Commercial Dispatch that the sale was finalized Monday.
The sale includes Sanders’ six consignment stores and hundreds of commercial accounts.
Sanders said the company’s 120 workers have been offered jobs by Midstates.
According to its Facebook page, Midstates was founded in 1997 and is Alabama’s largest Texaco supplier.
Sanders said will work for Midstates as the company’s director of Mississippi operations.
Sanders Oil was founded in Columbus in 1931 by William David Sanders and William Lee Sanders. It remained a family business all these years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State's corn crop could set new yield record
- Owner of former hospital given deadline