Dr. Tom Lansford of Southern Miss Gulf Coast edits ‘Political Handbook of the World 2013′
by Ross Reily
Published: September 13,2013
Dr. Tom Lansford, academic dean and professor of political science at the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast, was editor for the “Political Handbook of the World 2013.” The 2013 edition was 1,848 pages in length and contained updated information on the composition of governments, the evolution of major and minor political parties and groups, and significant events within each country or organization.
Between 2004 and 2010, Lansford was an associate editor of the publication. He served as co-editor, along with Thomas C. Muller and Judith F. Isacoff, for the 2012 “Political Handbook of the World” before becoming sole editor for the 2013 edition.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force