State Sen. Terry Burton appointed to Southern Regional Education Board’s Commission on Career and Technical Education
by Ross Reily
Published: September 13,2013
State Sen. Terry Burton (R-Newton) has been appointed to the Southern Regional Education Board’s Commission on Career and Technical Education. Burton, who represents Mississippi on the SREB, is chairman of the Senate Universities and Colleges Committee and serves on the Appropriations Committee. He represents Senate District 31, which includes Newton County and parts of Lauderdale and Scott counties.
Burton was appointed to the commission by SREB chairman Gov. Steve Beshear of Kentucky.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain