State Sen. Terry Burton appointed to Southern Regional Education Board’s Commission on Career and Technical Education
by Ross Reily
Published: September 13,2013
State Sen. Terry Burton (R-Newton) has been appointed to the Southern Regional Education Board’s Commission on Career and Technical Education. Burton, who represents Mississippi on the SREB, is chairman of the Senate Universities and Colleges Committee and serves on the Appropriations Committee. He represents Senate District 31, which includes Newton County and parts of Lauderdale and Scott counties.
Burton was appointed to the commission by SREB chairman Gov. Steve Beshear of Kentucky.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics