State Sen. Terry Burton appointed to Southern Regional Education Board’s Commission on Career and Technical Education
by Ross Reily
Published: September 13,2013
State Sen. Terry Burton (R-Newton) has been appointed to the Southern Regional Education Board’s Commission on Career and Technical Education. Burton, who represents Mississippi on the SREB, is chairman of the Senate Universities and Colleges Committee and serves on the Appropriations Committee. He represents Senate District 31, which includes Newton County and parts of Lauderdale and Scott counties.
Burton was appointed to the commission by SREB chairman Gov. Steve Beshear of Kentucky.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill