State Sen. Terry Burton appointed to Southern Regional Education Board’s Commission on Career and Technical Education
by Ross Reily
Published: September 13,2013
State Sen. Terry Burton (R-Newton) has been appointed to the Southern Regional Education Board’s Commission on Career and Technical Education. Burton, who represents Mississippi on the SREB, is chairman of the Senate Universities and Colleges Committee and serves on the Appropriations Committee. He represents Senate District 31, which includes Newton County and parts of Lauderdale and Scott counties.
Burton was appointed to the commission by SREB chairman Gov. Steve Beshear of Kentucky.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87