Sweet potato crop looking good; harvest continues
by Associated Press
Published: September 14,2013
PITTSBORO — Farmers in Calhoun County say the sweet potato crop is looking good, though only about 20 percent of the crop has been harvested.
Farmer Preston McGreger tells WCBI he began harvesting just after Labor Day.
McGreger farms about 208 acres, and says about 25 percent of his crop is in.
He says a little late-season rainfall would be a plus to help boost the size of the remaining potatoes.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center