Sweet potato crop looking good; harvest continues
by Associated Press
Published: September 14,2013
PITTSBORO — Farmers in Calhoun County say the sweet potato crop is looking good, though only about 20 percent of the crop has been harvested.
Farmer Preston McGreger tells WCBI he began harvesting just after Labor Day.
McGreger farms about 208 acres, and says about 25 percent of his crop is in.
He says a little late-season rainfall would be a plus to help boost the size of the remaining potatoes.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years