Sweet potato crop looking good; harvest continues
Published: September 14,2013
PITTSBORO — Farmers in Calhoun County say the sweet potato crop is looking good, though only about 20 percent of the crop has been harvested.
Farmer Preston McGreger tells WCBI he began harvesting just after Labor Day.
McGreger farms about 208 acres, and says about 25 percent of his crop is in.
He says a little late-season rainfall would be a plus to help boost the size of the remaining potatoes.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency