Sweet potato crop looking good; harvest continues
Published: September 14,2013
PITTSBORO — Farmers in Calhoun County say the sweet potato crop is looking good, though only about 20 percent of the crop has been harvested.
Farmer Preston McGreger tells WCBI he began harvesting just after Labor Day.
McGreger farms about 208 acres, and says about 25 percent of his crop is in.
He says a little late-season rainfall would be a plus to help boost the size of the remaining potatoes.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions