City, county hope data processing facility announcement comes soon
Published: September 18,2013
Tags: alderman, board of aldermen, board of supervisors, city, city government, City of Starkville, county, county government, data processing, economic development, employee, employer, employment, Golden Triangle Development Link, incentive, job, job creation, Joey Deason, municipal, municipality, Oktibbeha Coubnty, Oktibbeha County Economic Development Authority, Project Columbus, supervisor, Thad Cochran Research Park, work, worker
STARKVILLE — Starkville and Oktibbeha County officials are hoping for an announcement as early as October on a proposed $20 million data processing facility.
The Commercial Dispatch reports that Joey Deason, Oktibbeha County’s representative with the Golden Triangle Development Link, said a tentative announcement date of Oct. 3 has been set for what is called “Project Cumulus.”
Deason released no other details about the announcement during a meeting of the Oktibbeha County Economic Development Authority.
Officials have said the project could bring in five or six permanent jobs plus about 100 temporary jobs during construction at the Thad Cochran Research Park.
The Starkville Board of Aldermen and Oktibbeha County Board of Supervisors each approved 10-year tax abatements on the site’s property taxes to entice the investor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- State certifies school referendum for 2015 ballot
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur