Drought forces county to issue burn ban while crews battle fire
Published: September 19,2013
JACKSON — Authorities in Hinds County have issued a burn ban as rainfall remains sparse and grass fires increase.
WLBT reports the ban will be in effect until Oct. 18. It includes recreational fires and controlled burns with the exception of commercial contractors with heavy construction equipment that meet the state’s regulations.
The ban was announced as crews battled a grass fire on Gonia Road south of Raymond in Hinds County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million