Drought forces county to issue burn ban while crews battle fire
Published: September 19,2013
JACKSON — Authorities in Hinds County have issued a burn ban as rainfall remains sparse and grass fires increase.
WLBT reports the ban will be in effect until Oct. 18. It includes recreational fires and controlled burns with the exception of commercial contractors with heavy construction equipment that meet the state’s regulations.
The ban was announced as crews battled a grass fire on Gonia Road south of Raymond in Hinds County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss