Drought forces county to issue burn ban while crews battle fire
Published: September 19,2013
JACKSON — Authorities in Hinds County have issued a burn ban as rainfall remains sparse and grass fires increase.
WLBT reports the ban will be in effect until Oct. 18. It includes recreational fires and controlled burns with the exception of commercial contractors with heavy construction equipment that meet the state’s regulations.
The ban was announced as crews battled a grass fire on Gonia Road south of Raymond in Hinds County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports