Ag Secretary Vilsack to tour MSU tomorrow
Published: September 24,2013
Tags: agriculture, education, farm, farmer, farming, higher education, Mississippi State University, postsecondary education, public university, research, secretary of agriculture, Tom Vilsack, U.S. Department of Agriculture, university
STARKVILLE — U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack will tour the campus at Mississippi State University tomorrow and will be briefed on research projects funded by his agency.
MSU was involved in nearly $97 million in agriculture research during the 2011 fiscal year.
MSU officials say Vilsack will tour research projects at the university’s R. R. Foil Plant Science Research Center, also known as North Farm, including a bioenergy pilot plant. He will also visit the Leveck Animal Research Center, or South Farm, where he will be briefed on research in the areas of water conservation, catfish and beef cattle health.
He will conduct a round-table discussion with students before having dinner with university and state agriculture leaders.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Deal for daily Jackson-Orlando flight in works with Allegiant
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts