Ag Secretary Vilsack to tour MSU tomorrow
Published: September 24,2013
Tags: agriculture, education, farm, farmer, farming, higher education, Mississippi State University, postsecondary education, public university, research, secretary of agriculture, Tom Vilsack, U.S. Department of Agriculture, university
STARKVILLE — U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack will tour the campus at Mississippi State University tomorrow and will be briefed on research projects funded by his agency.
MSU was involved in nearly $97 million in agriculture research during the 2011 fiscal year.
MSU officials say Vilsack will tour research projects at the university’s R. R. Foil Plant Science Research Center, also known as North Farm, including a bioenergy pilot plant. He will also visit the Leveck Animal Research Center, or South Farm, where he will be briefed on research in the areas of water conservation, catfish and beef cattle health.
He will conduct a round-table discussion with students before having dinner with university and state agriculture leaders.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments