Ag Secretary Vilsack to tour MSU tomorrow
Published: September 24,2013
Tags: agriculture, education, farm, farmer, farming, higher education, Mississippi State University, postsecondary education, public university, research, secretary of agriculture, Tom Vilsack, U.S. Department of Agriculture, university
STARKVILLE — U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack will tour the campus at Mississippi State University tomorrow and will be briefed on research projects funded by his agency.
MSU was involved in nearly $97 million in agriculture research during the 2011 fiscal year.
MSU officials say Vilsack will tour research projects at the university’s R. R. Foil Plant Science Research Center, also known as North Farm, including a bioenergy pilot plant. He will also visit the Leveck Animal Research Center, or South Farm, where he will be briefed on research in the areas of water conservation, catfish and beef cattle health.
He will conduct a round-table discussion with students before having dinner with university and state agriculture leaders.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant