Ag Secretary Vilsack to tour MSU tomorrow
Published: September 24,2013
Tags: agriculture, education, farm, farmer, farming, higher education, Mississippi State University, postsecondary education, public university, research, secretary of agriculture, Tom Vilsack, U.S. Department of Agriculture, university
STARKVILLE — U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack will tour the campus at Mississippi State University tomorrow and will be briefed on research projects funded by his agency.
MSU was involved in nearly $97 million in agriculture research during the 2011 fiscal year.
MSU officials say Vilsack will tour research projects at the university’s R. R. Foil Plant Science Research Center, also known as North Farm, including a bioenergy pilot plant. He will also visit the Leveck Animal Research Center, or South Farm, where he will be briefed on research in the areas of water conservation, catfish and beef cattle health.
He will conduct a round-table discussion with students before having dinner with university and state agriculture leaders.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option