Bryant staffer named leader of Coast port, harbor
by Associated Press
Published: September 24,2013
Tags: Ashley Edwards, board of supervisors, county, county government, disaster recovery, executive director, Haley Barbour, Hancock County Port & Harbor Commission, Hurricane Katrina, Phil Bryant, port, Port Bienville, ship, shipping, Stennis International Airport, transportation
WAVELAND, — The Hancock County Port & Harbor Commission has voted to hire Ashley Edwards, who works with Gov. Phil Bryant’s staff, as executive director at a salary of $150,000 a year.
The Sun Herald reports the appointment, announced yestrerday, must be approved by the county Board of Supervisors.
If approved, Edwards would supervise 36 employees. In addition to the port, he would oversee Port Bienville Industrial Park and Stennis International Airport.
He would start work in October. He currently works as executive director of Bryant’s Office of Recovery. He previously headed disaster recovery for former Gov. Haley Barbour.
Edwards familiarized himself with ports while advising Bryant on a makeover for the state port project in Gulfport, where Barbour directed $570 million in post-Hurricane Katrina economic development grant money.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county