Bryant staffer named leader of Coast port, harbor
Published: September 24,2013
Tags: Ashley Edwards, board of supervisors, county, county government, disaster recovery, executive director, Haley Barbour, Hancock County Port & Harbor Commission, Hurricane Katrina, Phil Bryant, port, Port Bienville, ship, shipping, Stennis International Airport, transportation
WAVELAND, — The Hancock County Port & Harbor Commission has voted to hire Ashley Edwards, who works with Gov. Phil Bryant’s staff, as executive director at a salary of $150,000 a year.
The Sun Herald reports the appointment, announced yestrerday, must be approved by the county Board of Supervisors.
If approved, Edwards would supervise 36 employees. In addition to the port, he would oversee Port Bienville Industrial Park and Stennis International Airport.
He would start work in October. He currently works as executive director of Bryant’s Office of Recovery. He previously headed disaster recovery for former Gov. Haley Barbour.
Edwards familiarized himself with ports while advising Bryant on a makeover for the state port project in Gulfport, where Barbour directed $570 million in post-Hurricane Katrina economic development grant money.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism