Bryant staffer named leader of Coast port, harbor
Published: September 24,2013
Tags: Ashley Edwards, board of supervisors, county, county government, disaster recovery, executive director, Haley Barbour, Hancock County Port & Harbor Commission, Hurricane Katrina, Phil Bryant, port, Port Bienville, ship, shipping, Stennis International Airport, transportation
WAVELAND, — The Hancock County Port & Harbor Commission has voted to hire Ashley Edwards, who works with Gov. Phil Bryant’s staff, as executive director at a salary of $150,000 a year.
The Sun Herald reports the appointment, announced yestrerday, must be approved by the county Board of Supervisors.
If approved, Edwards would supervise 36 employees. In addition to the port, he would oversee Port Bienville Industrial Park and Stennis International Airport.
He would start work in October. He currently works as executive director of Bryant’s Office of Recovery. He previously headed disaster recovery for former Gov. Haley Barbour.
Edwards familiarized himself with ports while advising Bryant on a makeover for the state port project in Gulfport, where Barbour directed $570 million in post-Hurricane Katrina economic development grant money.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation