Hub City to try again to elect a mayor
Published: September 24,2013
Tags: ballot, city, city government, City of Hattiesburg, court, Dave Ware, election, election law, Johnny Dupree, legal, mayor, mistrial, municipal, municipality, poll, special election, vote, voter, Voting, William Coleman
HATTIESBURG — City of Hattiesburg residents head to the polls today for a rematch in the city’s mayoral race.
Democratic Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny DuPree recorded 37 more votes than his challenger, Independent Dave Ware, in a June 4 election.
The new election was called by Judge William Coleman after a mistrial was declared in a suit brought by Ware, challenging the outcome.
Polls will open at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- NCCI petitioning for workers' comp rate decrease
- State officials identify first flu case this season